Memo to Ed Miliband: My Marxist father was wrong too

Dalrymple has written hundreds of articles
About this forum
Dalrymple has written a lot of articles. We suggest that in order to comment on a particular article you first run a search for it. If you find it, comment there. If not, please begin a new topic with that essay title.

Memo to Ed Miliband: My Marxist father was wrong too

Postby Elliott » 06 Oct 2013, 11:55

TD gives some very good refutations of Marxism in this article for the Daily Telegraph.
Elliott

Re: Memo to Ed Miliband: My Marxist father was wrong too

Postby Charlie » 06 Oct 2013, 14:35

Thanks for the link - I enjoyed reading the article.

Although we have our (albeit minor) criticisms of Dalrymple's work, I find it illuminating to read the comments of those who are interested in smearing Mr Daniels. Here are two such comments from underneath this Telegraph article:

Ross wrote:Anthony Daniels a.k.a Theodore Dalrymple is an incorrigible misanthrope whose oeuvre consists of self-indulgent dilettantism, pseudoscientific flimflam, and free market fundamentalism.

So, just to sum this up, Dalrymple, one of the best read writers around, is nothing more than a dilettante...

Well, I'm glad that's sorted! Now we can go and burn all our books!

As for "free market fundamentalism", I guess that Ross has never read any of Dalrymple's criticisms of corporatism. Still, why would he let that get in the way of a good bit of mud-slinging?

peterbishop wrote:He had a flare for story telling but if you read any of his articles you found he repeated himself many times. His stories were full of exaggerations and embroidery to entertain the gullible and comfortable.

I suppose that Dalrymple does repeat himself a lot, but who else has an output as vast as his? As for the rest of that, I don't know about you, but I was happy being gullible and comfortable. I'm just happy that Peter has been able to get close enough to the Doctor to work out that his stories were full of "exaggerations" and "embroidery". He's a lucky guy and I'm a changed man.

Perhaps Ross and Peter could get together with Mehdi Hasan - together they could create a Left Wing Sophist's Plan of Action. Perhaps they could even ask for a job at The Daily Mail.

In all seriousness, I don't think I've ever read a serious rebuttal of Dalrymple's work. Most criticisms of him are just insults and fallacious arguments.
Charlie

Return to Articles