Sites of interest

Topics which don't quite fit into any other category

Re: Sites of interest

Postby Gavin » 22 Feb 2013, 14:19

Very interesting. I expect this is the protest to which you refer, Nathan.

Shocking that you yourself were handcuffed to the police in the van. I did a similar thing, went on an anti-sharia law march up Regent Street once (and I never thought I would go on a "march" in my life - this is usually for the lefties) - just to feel I was doing something. It's not effective really, though.

I am not surprised to hear that the rank and file police are on our side. What a very frustrating job that must be now. That's why there's a chance there might be a coup some time, I think, if the politicians continue to be so craven.

I agree with the EDL's right to peacefully assemble in Tower Hamlets or anywhere else. They are doing this to show that on principle there are no places that are "no go" for English people. It is shameful how, even in the video, the police ignore bottles being thrown by the Far Left. You can see by the way that the police just can't really speak that they are having to follow unfair orders which they cannot support.

Thuggery from anyone should be punished, I think, but the law should be supporting these people going wherever they like.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 09 Mar 2013, 16:48

I don't really keep up with the American political scene much, so it's interesting when our American and Canadian members write about it on here. I just found this site by chance. Maybe they'll watch us if we ask them nicely!

But seriously. The right wing can certainly go too far, but it wouldn't surprise me if these people interpret just not being militantly pro-gay as being "anti-gay". And I would so like their country to become majority Muslim for a week or so, just so they could be sure they like it.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » 09 Mar 2013, 17:14

I do read the Guardian and New Statesman every now and again to see how the other half think (and to feel smug at how they can't even win their own arguments on their own turf in the comments sections!) but that site just seems surreal. Having multiple media outlets out there is certainly preferable to having to rely on just one, but it's a worry how people nowadays on either side tend to get their news and opinions entirely from sources that they know will reinforce their own beliefs, and are less and less exposed to opinions from a more detached or moderate viewpoint.

I don't follow American politics much either but from what I've seen it seems frighteningly polarised, and if the public shift to the right in this country paradoxically results in a Labour election win in 2015 I can imagine the same thing developing here.
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 27 Mar 2013, 14:03

I have just discovered this site, which is similar to Clinton and Steve's. Looks like it is well worth monitoring for TD output.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Rachel » 27 Mar 2013, 21:39

Gavin wrote:I have just discovered this site, which is similar to Clinton and Steve's. Looks like it is well worth monitoring for TD output.

Thanks for that. I've found some TD articles that I missed.
Rachel

Postby Caleb » 04 May 2013, 05:13

Yesterday, I had a lot of time on my hands, which is fortunate, because I needed a lot. Of late, I've been plumbing the depths of the Manosphere -- and the depths really are full of bad ideas that are badly written -- and then I found How Richard Dawkins Got Pwned Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

Wow! He took inklings of ideas I had and put them all together and so much more. (His knowledge of history and Western culture as shown by his links is amazing. Incidentally, he seems to be about 42 years old based upon information I've inferred from some blog posts.)

Today I've read various other blog posts including Castes of the United States and its follow up, The BDH-OV Conflict. Why I Am Not a White Nationalist is really worth reading.

It's going to take weeks, if not months, to get through all of this, especially if I follow all the links.
Caleb

Postby Mike » 25 May 2013, 08:34

I always enjoy this regularly-updated blog, although I'm not always in agreement with their arguments (they are libertarian rather than conservative). But there's plenty of quotable aphorisms and economic common sense to enjoy.
Mike

Postby Gavin » 06 Jun 2013, 21:28

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 08 Jun 2013, 09:26

There are some interesting musings to be found here from yet another TD reader who has become an English teacher abroad (in Japan), as several on this forum have done and as I nearly did myself!
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby FormerUser » 12 Jun 2013, 03:00

I second Fred Reed.

Taki’s magazine is a collection of writers, including Pat Buchanan, Steve Sailer, John Derbyshire.

http://takimag.com/#axzz2MuvUJFja

Ralph Peters: “Return of The Tribes”, and “Myths of Globalization”, among others.

Hoover institute, also a collection of authors, including Victor Davis Hanson and Thomas Sowell. They have a youtube site with many excellent interviews.

http://www.hoover.org/news/daily-report/by-date
https://www.youtube.com/user/HooverInst ... ture=watch
FormerUser

Postby Gavin » 16 Jun 2013, 21:25

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 12 Aug 2013, 13:09

Mentioned before, and interesting for its discussion of modern feminism:

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Alf » 01 Nov 2013, 00:50

I haven't had time to look at this site in much depth but found the title interesting:
Institute for Research into Superdiversity (IRiS)
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/activity/superdiversity-institute/index.aspx
Based in Birmingham....
Alf

Postby Keith » 01 Nov 2013, 13:45

I recommend Thomas Sowell's articles. I tend to get bored with long articles but Sowell's are nearly all of the same length, which is something in itself that I like: I know how long it is going to take me to get through one. The length is perfect for my attention span and so clearly written that I don't find myself drifting off to thoughts of what I am going to have for my dinner.

I also second Rachel's advocacy of John Derbyshire, though I disagree with her view that his recent posts aren't as good as his earlier writing. He is the only writer whose posts I make a point of keeping up-to-date with. He writes clearly, honestly and often wittily. There are hundreds of writers out there whose views I am interested in but only a few whose writing can keep me reading for any length of time. Derbyshire and Sowell (and TD) are the only ones that immediately come to mind.
Keith

Postby Gavin » 18 Nov 2013, 12:05

Gavin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Topics