The EDL

Topics which don't quite fit into any other category

Re: The EDL

Postby Yessica » 23 Jan 2014, 21:06

Might be an answer to your question and also some interestings news about what he is doing now.

The former leader of the English Defence League is to tour schools to lecture children on tolerance, it emerged today.

Tommy Robinson, who quit the party last year because of its 'extremist elements', wants to help prepare young students for adult life.

The 30-year-old, who has convictions for assault, drug and public order offences, has pledged to help tackle racism in Britain since he left the far right party.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2rG3GXLDD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I wonder what happened? Why that change of mind? That is highly unusual.
Yessica

Postby Elliott » 24 Jan 2014, 10:36

Why are they referring to the EDL as a "party"? It's a campaign group (if that), not a political party.
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 25 Jan 2014, 12:28

I think this is partly why Paul Weston decided to distance his party from the EDL. Of course, Tommy's convictions are a separate matter to the truth (or otherwise) of what he has said regarding the Islamic threat to Britain, and Tommy is not even very radical in this regard, since is a supporter of multiculturalism.

But still he seems like someone with "nothing to lose". They are, after all, the only people who can air their un-PC views publicly, since anyone else who does so is very likely to lose (their jobs) or at least be ostracised in the workplace (though probably not among the general public) for doing so. In Tommy's case he quite possibly has nothing to lose due to his own dubious behaviour.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 14 Apr 2014, 21:21

An interesting perspective on what happened to Tommy Robinson can be found here:

James Lovelace wrote:He's now in prison for 18 months. The CPS spent over 3 years trawling through his finances (and held him on a £200 pw leash throughout those 3 years).

Last November, the CPS finally took him to trial for tax evasion, and the CPS lost the case (how much taxpayer money did they waste in that Stasi-type trial?)

But in the process, the CPS found out that TR had loaned his mother money to buy a house. So, the CPS were going to put his mother (dying of cancer) on trial for mortgage fraud. To prevent her being punished for his politics, he pleaded guilty to mortgage fraud.

The media won't tell you all this, because that's the kind of nazi society in which we live.

Tommy's mother did what Lord Mandelson (and 1 million other Brits did). But it's TR who's in prison. Obviously the government hope some muslims will kill him while he is inside.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 20 Aug 2014, 09:38

Tommy Robinson is looking a lot slimmer - and older - after his release from prison for "mortgage fraud". It's unknown how much he can say against Islamisation without being locked up again, but I suppose at least he got out alive - only through being put in solitary confinement.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 26 Aug 2014, 18:47

Apparently the man below is being hailed as the possible next leader of the EDL. I find these activities interesting to observe, because if the government continues to do nothing to get these matters in hand, then men like this may be the ones to go down to DIY stores, tool up, and start visiting Muslim estates, the so-called "no-go zones". There is a rising tension, which is hardly surprising when you consider that people's houses, money, surrounding culture - and now their very children - have been taken.

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 27 Aug 2014, 20:31

If you can ignore the gloating of RT, in this interview Tommy Robinson described exactly what has now been "officially" established in the UK. But, of course, the MSM demonised him when he said it.

I'm quite worried about this hero now, actually: it doesn't make a lot of sense that he is silent and tweeting nothing - unless of course has been instructed to be silent.

How long will this go on? Ordinary (but very brave) people see with their own eyes what is going on and speak about it and are locked up and silenced as a result, but then - eventually - bureaucrats are paid thousands to write a "report" on it and everybody listens.
Gavin
Site Admin

Tommy Robinson at the Oxford Union.

Postby Paul » 28 Dec 2014, 22:16

It's on the sidebar of the forum's homepage at the moment and it's from that link that I just listened to it.

If we now realise that he's not actually allowed to say certain things (about the police attitude I think) or else he will be returned to prison (he's currently on parole license), it will be proof that we've now come to a very serious point indeed. Even when his license expires it must still be that he can be arrested and charged (and seemingly convicted) of a crime, otherwise why would it be a breach of his license in the first place?

I think he does very well here, in front of an audience that he would once never have dreamed of addressing.

Paul

Previous

Return to Other Topics