Good news

Topics which don't quite fit into any other category

Good news

Postby Gavin » 23 Nov 2013, 17:44

We concentrate here on the problems in society - and that's fair enough: they're the things that need to be highlighted and eliminated for the better good. But sometimes there are some examples of human behaviour that are not saccharine or PC but admirable. And sometimes what goes around comes around. http://www.ajc.com/news/news/hotel-seek ... lle/nb2Dp/
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Good news

Postby Nathan » 18 Dec 2013, 21:34

I bet this boy will go far in life:

A savvy teenager collected hundreds of coupons to buy £600 worth of shopping for just 4p and then decided to donate the goods to a charity which helps needy families at Christmas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/chris ... arity.html
Nathan

Postby Jonathan » 21 Dec 2013, 12:52

When I first saw this thread, I wondered when anyone was going to post anything :)
Jonathan

Postby Elliott » 21 Dec 2013, 19:25

This happened recently and I thought it was very nice.
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 28 Dec 2013, 16:17

Stunning virtuosity from eight year old Jay Lewington here (just a shame the well-spoken woman at the end thought it was Mozart, when it is nothing like his style and was clearly Chopin). Nice idea to leave a piano out as I guess it is quite hard to play rap or hip-hop on one, but in modern Britain I would expect to see parents ignoring their children while they hammered on it or otherwise vandalised it.

Anyway, back to the point! This is wonderful to behold. What a very skilled young lad - I hope he goes far. The video is sitting on 30,000 views. It has a way to go to catch up with tens of millions of views garnered by the musically retarded material usually promoted by Vevo on YouTube, but let's help it along:

Western culture is clinging on, with this boy and his parents helping a lot.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Charlie » 28 Dec 2013, 16:40

Let’s hope his parents keep nurturing his talent. Good luck to the young lad.
Charlie

Postby Gavin » 29 Dec 2013, 14:33

I thought this was a very nice article.

It's essentially the old adage that "you get what you give".

I thought about it and realised that this even underpins capitalism (what with the author being called "Seth Adam Smith" ;). You work, you provide something to others, something they need, something that makes their lives better, you will in turn receive.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 31 Jan 2015, 15:06

It's wonderful news to see this donations to this man reaching £100k.

I read the compassionate comments by Daily Mail readers - yes, Daily Mail readers - underneath, too.

Let us hope, however, that the Left are not involved in the sentencing of the robber if he is caught, as this will likely give them an opportunity to engage in more of the kind of immoral behaviour that probably enabled this horrible and cowardly crime in the first place.
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Other Topics