Demands for gender-neutral bathrooms

Topics which don't quite fit into any other category

Re: Demands for gender-neutral bathrooms

Postby Mike » 24 Jan 2014, 08:35

This week I've been teaching at a summer school at my old university, and plastered all over the men's toilets are a bunch of stick-on notices saying "I'M HERE TO PEE, NOT TO BE STEREOTYPED". Naturally, it's a demand (sorry, "plea") for "understanding" for transgender types, who are no doubt the objects of unconscionable harassment every time they enter a restroom. I can't remember the exact text on the notices, but suffice it to say that they are completely indicative of the ultra-aggressive victimhood that characterises such groups (or those who take it upon themselves to get worked up on their behalf).
Mike

Postby Andreas » 07 Mar 2014, 20:47

This made me chuckle:

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2014/03/06/18752080.php

At a recent protest at a California university, the students occupied an administration building. One of their flyers shows what looks like Hugo Chavez and announces "Long Live the Bolivarian Revolution" (although "Bolivarian" is misspelled). At the same time, they converted the women's restroom into a "gender-neutral space."

Now I doubt very much that Simon Bolivar would have approved of or felt comfortable with the idea of a gender-neutral (or "all gender") restroom, but the irony is lost on these young people.
Andreas

Postby Kevin R » 08 Mar 2014, 00:07

Mike wrote:This week I've been teaching at a summer school at my old university, and plastered all over the men's toilets are a bunch of stick-on notices saying "I'M HERE TO PEE, NOT TO BE STEREOTYPED". Naturally, it's a demand (sorry, "plea") for "understanding" for transgender types, who are no doubt the objects of unconscionable harassment every time they enter a restroom. I can't remember the exact text on the notices, but suffice it to say that they are completely indicative of the ultra-aggressive victimhood that characterises such groups (or those who take it upon themselves to get worked up on their behalf).

Write another stick-it underneath..

'WHEN ADAM DELVES AND EVE SHE SPINS
FOR SHAME WE SCRIBE IT 'GENTLEMEN'S'
Kevin R

Postby Andreas » 16 Oct 2014, 20:00

I got a message today that the building I work in (a state agency) plans to install gender-neutral bathrooms. The administrators in charge have offered to "share their vision" about this plan with some employees.

There are perhaps 500 people working in my building. How many could be transgender? 1-5? Does the state agency I work for really need to use taxpayer funds for this?

I doubt anyone will question this, or dare suggest that it's unnecessary.

I have nothing against any transgender individual. I don't think this "plan" is evil, just misguided and stupid. But it's alienating and strange to see almost everyone around one thoughtlessly following a trend.
Andreas

Postby Andrea » 17 Oct 2014, 22:41

An ultra-radically liberal friend of mine posted a photo of one of these bathrooms and I replied with, "PC gone mad! Why can't they just label it "restroom" so that anyone could use it?"

It was promptly deleted.
Andrea

Previous

Return to Other Topics