Sarah Brightman

Introduce fellow users to some of your favourite music
About this forum
Disclaimer: Music posted in this section of the site doesn't mean we especially agree with its message (if there is one!).

Sarah Brightman

Postby Andrea » 20 Nov 2013, 16:26

I've loved Sarah Brightman's voice since I was a little girl. When I was born in the 1980s, my sisters were already listening to her recordings. I was four when I was taken to see her perform on Broadway in The Phantom of the Opera - which is one of my earliest memories!

She was first successful with Hot Gossip in the late 70s, and then became a household name in the 80s with her musical theatre work and marriage to Andrew Lloyd Webber. In the 90s, she collaborated with German producer Frank Peterson on a series of classical crossover/pop music. Nowadays, she's still performing but is also getting training to become the first soprano in space, which is pretty cool, as she has always admired astronauts and scientists. She is a world-wide megastar, especially in the USA, Japan, South America, Germany, and China. No, she's not very popular in the UK, but that's probably because she's sweet, feminine, humble, and that's decidedly unappealing for most Brits (who prefer more vulgar fare such as Britain's Got Talent, X-Factor, etc).

La Ci Darem La Mano from Mozart's Don Giovanni, with Placido Domingo:

Just Show Me How To Love You with Jose Cura:

And possibly her most famous duet (next to Phantom of the Opera) is Con Te Partiro with Andrea Bocelli:

And just for fun, here are some of her more poppy tracks:

Glosoli by Sigur Ros:

The Smile with German electronic music group Schiller:

Anytime, Anywhere based on Albinoni's Adagio:
Andrea

Return to Music