Myself

Please feel free to introduce yourself
About this forum
This is a new section and up until a "reshuffle" in January 2013 users told a little about themselves in context in posts (often in their first posts), or above as they told how they heard of Dalrymple. Now though, if you would like to say a little more please feel free to start a thread with any title you like.

Myself

Postby Nick » 25 May 2013, 11:11

Dear everyone, dear followers of Theodore Dalrymple,

I am a politican from the Netherlands and together with a friend of mine from Britain who studies political theory am creating a work on the decline of Western (European) civilization. The ultimate aim is to get a work out that narrates what many feel intuitively, yet lack the words and knowledge to express it. Then, the idea is to start a movement that can work on the rebirth of Western civilization.
Nick

Re: Myself

Postby Elliott » 25 May 2013, 13:51

Your project sounds very similar to something I myself am working on, Nick. Welcome to the forum. :)
Elliott

Postby Michael » 25 May 2013, 17:42

Dear Nick,

Please tell us more.
Michael

Postby Nick » 27 May 2013, 22:54

Dear Michael,

I will tell you more. There is so much to say. Where should I begin?

I am a politician, used to work as a teacher, I also have two master degrees from univerty. I'm trying to work on a Ph.D, but it is almost impossible. A professor supports me but everywhere it rains rejections. More and more I find that meritocracy is a myth; in truth the world is ran by "old boys." In my daily life I practice martial arts and next to that I develop a video game. I have many friends at home and abroad and they pretty much share my ideas. But to be convinced of a thing and to act, are two different things.

The problems of the world are simple, and obvious. We have trapped ourselves in a monetary system that cannot sustain itself; depth grows exponentially faster than our money’s worth. Credits are created with the push of a button. They are limitless. But natural resources and physical labour are finite. If the people were smart, they would form a unity, get their hands on tools to build farms and factories. To make their economies proof to scarcity and independent of foreign import. They would send their children to school to learn about history – about the great leaders, philosophers and inventors. Exemplars, long-term visionaries. So that these children would dream of being equally great – or even surpass them. So that they would toil day and night to achieve brilliance or make themselves useful, productive and valued members of society. They would fill these young minds with heroism, discipline and objective reasoning. Not with identities drawn from superficial consumerism. Not with irrationality and divine revelation which cannot even be scientifically verified.

The people can’t form a unity because of individualism. We can’t have necessary economic reforms because they are so used to entitlements. Our nations can’t be made to protect our culture, our values, our philosophy. Since cultural Marxism has taught us that all of this is a construction, an illusion – nihilism is all that remains.

They cannot even control the upbringing of their spoiled children – how could they correct the course of their civilization? And yet it is all so clear; if only one takes a moment to explain this properly, concisely, clearly. Or listen to an explanation. So that they will say: “Yes. It is the Truth what you state. Let us follow one who speaks out about these problems. Let us be led by one who sees all this clearly.” Their children are not even aware of the fact that their ancestors fought and died so that they could receive education. We live in a culture of distraction; of “bling” and gangster-rap and funny cat videos.

Spoiled as they are, they live in oblivion of what is to come. Yet right across the oceans there is the Islam, China, and others; billions waiting patiently, steadfast in their wake, to become the new world superpowers.
Nick

Postby Connor » 06 Jun 2013, 05:31

Welcome to the forum, Nick.

It's interesting to hear from a Dutch person on this site. I know that Theodore Dalrymple has a substantial audience there - as I can tell from all of his YouTube clips with Dutch subtitles!

Personally, I'd like to hear more about what political organization(s) you are working with in the Netherlands. I understand if you would like to keep that information private though.

From an outsider's perspective, it seems as though politicians have taken an inspiring direction in your country. For whatever reason, the Netherlands appears to be at the forefront of "waking up" to the challenges that face the West. I can think of several Dutch figures from recent years - Geert Wilders and Ayaan Hirsi Ali, to name two - who are addressing the issues that you mentioned in your above post.

Do you have any theories on why the Netherlands has taken such a lead in defending our civilization? Is it because mass immigration had a particularly negative effect there, as opposed to other European countries? Was the Theo van Gogh incident the major turning point in changing the public opinion?

Sorry if I'm deluging you with questions here - I'm just curious!
Connor

Postby Nick » 06 Jun 2013, 12:52

Dear Connor,

Thank you for your interest. The members of your site have been a great help to me thus far so allow me to share this compliment.

We had Pim Fortuyn, a controversial professor, who wrote a lot about islam. Himself he was a homosexual so he felt very pressured by islam and therefore decided to write about it and speak out about it. But then again, he defended the sexual revolution, which is pretty much what Dalrymple criticizes. Eventually he was killed by an environmentalist extremist. After the murder of Pim Fortuyn, other incidents followed, such as the Van Gogh murder by a muslim fundamentalist. Or the arrest of the terrorist Samir, who was studying Chemistry. And there was the verhofstad group, which threw a grenade at police officers. You can probably google all of this up.

Basically a lot of problems with multiculturalism have been criticized by Geert Wilders and his intellectual foreman, Martin Bosma. Geert Wilders criticizes islam and multiculturalism, but also the EU for instance. Me and my friends had a whole lot of discussion about this. But the bottom line is that Wilders criticizes the islam but does not critique the underlying point: the nihilism of Western civilization. In fact, it is only because Westerners have lost their sense of who they are and what they stand for, that Western civilization could so easily be permeated by islam without expecting the newcomers to adopt and embrace Western creeds.

The bottom line is also that when people finally have the courage to criticize multiculturalism, it is in the name of the woman, the jew, the homosexual, which shows how deeply Western civilization is determined by this victimhood-fascination.

In my writing, that Elliott has helped me with by reading it, I am going to the bottom of all this. Previously I have worked in the European Parliament and done other political activities of representing the people. We have set up a group to deal with all these matters in a serious way. When this writing comes out people will eventually trace this back to this forum. So we can have in-depth conversations about this but then we speak about this in Skype or so (since we always do our group meetings on Skype). There is going to be a meeting in London in August (currently I am abroad and therefore I suggest these Skype meetings to continue early july).

And to go deeper into the question: why is the Netherlands the first? Well my reply will be that Pim Fortuyn and his murder were too controversial for the main stream media to ignore. I read some of his books when I was younger. Western society is just drowned by too much superficiality, opportunism, flimsiness and short-term commitment. Therefore an elite, a vanguard must lead the intellectual movement about all this. If you are interested, as I said, feel free to contact me and we will set something up early july.
Nick

Postby Connor » 07 Jun 2013, 06:39

Nick - thanks for the response.

Yes, I've also heard of Pim Fortuyn, and the story of his assassination was another eye-opener.

The politics that have formed around figures like Fortuyn and Wilders seem to be a blend of libertarianism and nationalism, which I find appealing. I don't really think there's anything similar where I live though.

The bottom line is also that when people finally have the courage to criticize multiculturalism, it is in the name of the woman, the jew, the homosexual, which shows how deeply Western civilization is determined by this victimhood-fascination.

I've noticed that this is the angle most critics take when criticizing multiculturalism. It's probably just the easiest route to take. By playing the victim, these critics are simply taking the rules of multiculturalism and trying to turn them on the host. Maybe it's the smartest way to criticize multiculturalism, but I'm starting to have doubts about this method. I don't think we should have to speak in terms of minorities and victims when defending our own civilization. There's nothing wrong with coming out in favor of majoritarian rights, or to simply appeal to tradition and custom.

The Skype meeting you mentioned sounds interesting, but I'm not really sure what is yet, based on what you've said so far. I'll probably send you a message about it.
Connor

Postby Nick » 08 Jun 2013, 17:12

Connor wrote:Maybe it's the smartest way to criticize multiculturalism, but I'm starting to have doubts about this method. I don't think we should have to speak in terms of minorities and victims when defending our own civilization.

Amen to that, brother.

Alright, we have to distinguish between the Skype meeting and the London meeting. The Skype meeting is nothing big; it's just a gathering on the internet of whoever of our team happens to be online and communicate our progress and findings. Thing is that both myself, as well as "the man with the plan" are abroad at present with irregular access to internet. If you want to Skype we would welcome it, of course, just throw out a message. The next Skype meeting will probably take place in July. The London meeting is in August.
Nick

Postby Nick » 10 Jun 2013, 21:17

Alright send me a PM message when you're ready for it; haven't received yours yet.
Nick

Return to Introductions