Hello

Please feel free to introduce yourself
About this forum
This is a new section and up until a "reshuffle" in January 2013 users told a little about themselves in context in posts (often in their first posts), or above as they told how they heard of Dalrymple. Now though, if you would like to say a little more please feel free to start a thread with any title you like.

Hello

Postby Ernest » 15 Dec 2015, 17:05

I visited the forum some time ago before the redesign and frankly I say to my shame that I was put off because I didn't know who Theodore Dalrymple was. I was encouraged to revisit by the new design and conversely this led me to listen to a couple of his speeches on youtube. Very quickly I became convinced that he has his head screwed on very much the right way around. The speeches were his 2001 speech to the Harvard club and his Romancing Opiates speech from 2006. Somebody apparently said to him 'you know strange people', and his view does seem somewhat shaped by his professional contact with people from the wrong side of the tracks. However I think he is seeing the reality of larger downward trends in our society and talking about them in an enlightening way which I found quite unique and encouraging.

I have for around 3 years or so been studying the Islamic religion online (not in an 'academic' sense), which previously I knew practically nothing about. I have been appalled by almost everything about the religion. Even the good things in the religion are bad, because they are used to promote the religion to the unwary and deflect attention from the many (very) bad things. It troubles me deeply that our politicians in the UK are either ignorant as to the true nature of this religion, or else they are aware of it and not themselves troubled by the truth. Either case is disturbing. If the former is the reality however then we do at least have a chance of changing their minds about it.

Before studying Islam I had in any case been concerned about the long term effects of our over-generous welfare system. The rise of Islam in our otherwise advanced society is I believe in large part just one symptom of the problems that a culture of rights without responsibilities promotes. The climate of 'political correctness' is really what has allowed our society to deteriorate unchallenged, and that is what I think is the most pressing obstacle that we must remove.

I hope that I can add something useful to the debate here.
Ernest

Re: Hello

Postby Gavin » 29 Dec 2015, 16:30

Hi Ernest - welcome, thank you for your contribution and sorry it took me a while to approve it. Christmas and all that! I agree with everything you said and I am sure you will find a mine of interesting information and links among the discussions on this forum. Contributions have slowed down very much here in recent months. Some people moved on to do their own thing, and for many of us after about three years we had said all we had to say about these matters.

Still, many people do keep an eye on the forum and it could always pick up, so please feel free to comment about anything on your mind and someone may well respond (even if it's just me!). There are few - if any - forums which impose our standards - i.e. intelligent comment with no profanity - standards which once upon a time would have been quite basic, but then that is the point of this forum. It is certainly not PC, but neither is it too radical; our emphasis is simply on preserving civilisation in the West. We can do this by stating stark facts in the face of Leftist fantasy.

While forum activity died down prior to "rebranding", its Twitter account, which I manage, has continued to pick up. We have recruited a lot of followers and my comment there is in the spirit of much of the discussion on this site. Feel free to follow that (see left hand side). I believe that as matters get worse more people are being awakened to reality - apparently the "alt right" is experiencing rapid growth. This has been considerably assisted by European "leaders" encouraging millions more Muslims into their nations, directly against the will of their electorates.

This year is likely to be very eventful and we can certainly discuss it here. I will continue with the Twitter when I have something beyond the obvious to say. I actually also have some other very clear ideas for the site, through which we may be able to more effectively take the battle to the enemy. So in time you may see some changes here. All of the forum content will remain, though - it's well worth exploring!
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Kevin R » 05 Jan 2016, 22:01

Hello Ernest,

A belated welcome to you.

It will be nice to see some new posting here, so do take up the bit!

Responses to posts may not be as frequent as they once were, but I for one am still visiting here on a regular basis, as I'm sure are other regulars.
Kevin R

Postby Paul » 06 Jan 2016, 23:21

Yes, I still look at this site several times per week, for new content, or sometimes to pore over old content.

I still keep meaning to continue some threads I began (school for one) but find I am continually side-tracked by other resources, in particular a certain YouTube channel.

Welcome Ernest. It's all global communism you know. That's the problem. It underpins everything else that is rotten in our society.
Paul

Postby Jonathan » 08 Jan 2016, 22:16

Hello Ernest! Another belated welcome.

I, for one, would like to second the recommendations of the twitter feed.

Please feel free to rummage around the older threads, I'm sure everyone would welcome new thoughts on old conversations. At the very least, it will give us an excuse to repeat ourselves.
Jonathan

Return to Introductions