An Appeal for Reading Suggestions

Please feel free to introduce yourself
About this forum
This is a new section and up until a "reshuffle" in January 2013 users told a little about themselves in context in posts (often in their first posts), or above as they told how they heard of Dalrymple. Now though, if you would like to say a little more please feel free to start a thread with any title you like.

An Appeal for Reading Suggestions

Postby Thaxter » 24 Apr 2016, 21:15

Dear Readers,

I am a woman who currently resides in Washington state. In my state, an unelected board of six homosexual communists recently enacted a diktat that all female public facilities, such as showers, locker rooms, restrooms, spas, homeless shelters, etc., must open their doors to biological men who merely feel as though they are female.

In researching this troubling development, I encountered a stinging paragraph by William Dalrymple that reads:

Political correctness is communist propaganda writ small. In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, nor to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to.

This seemed to perfectly encapsulate the war on normality that Americans suffer under Obama. And it led me to realize I needed to really study, and study quickly, the means by which this war is being waged upon the American populace by social engineering in the collusion of state, corporation, and media.

In reading Dalrymple's paragraph, and thinking about the underlying truth of it, what books would you recommend I read first to understand the mindset that wishes to erase free thought and terrify the populace into believing that 2 +2 = 5? (Besides, of course, <i>1984.</i>)

I am particularly interested in books published by those scholars who studied the Soviet propaganda terror techniques from the inside, and thus would welcome books that were published before 1970 as well as current titles. And if anyone is an expert or scholar, I would appreciate a list of the top three or five books that you might deem essential to understanding the terror and madness under which I am now forced to submit in Washington state.

Sincere thanks in advance from the once-great state of Washington, the Evergreen State.
Thaxter

Re: An Appeal for Reading Suggestions

Postby Jonathan » 26 Apr 2016, 18:45

Hello Thaxter, and welcome to the forum.

I think a good place to start is this article on City Journal: All Sex, All the Time. I believe it's included in Dalrymple's book Our Culture, What's Left of It. Generally speaking, I consider Our Culture and Life at the Bottom to be Dalrymple's foundation works, so to speak. They were the first ones of his that I read, and they convinced me to seek out all the rest.

If you're particularly interested in the Soviet propaganda aspect, you may find Utopias Elsewhere interesting. It was also published under another name: The Wilder Shores of Marx.

I would also recommend to your attention two works of C. S. Lewis: The Abolition of Man (the first chapter, in particular) which can be found online here, and The Humanitarian Theory of Punishment.

I'm sure there are many others which address this subject ably, but that's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sorry to hear about these troubles, which I fear are afflicting your loved ones personally. I hope they will not be unduly affected.
Jonathan

Re: An Appeal for Reading Suggestions

Postby Thaxter » 18 Sep 2016, 19:44

Thank you very much for your suggestions of these sound classics. Will check them out.
Thaxter

Return to Introductions