The Expert

Life's not all bleak! Make us laugh
About this forum
Please keep the humour in good taste (hopefully you can find some good taste humour these days). In January 2013 threads were split up into sub-topics, which explains the unusually high views that some (original) threads have. This forum is "read only" for members until they're well established.

The Expert

Postby Gavin » 01 Apr 2014, 20:37

A colleague sent me this today. Highly amusing.

Gavin
Site Admin

Re: The Expert

Postby Kevin R » 11 Apr 2014, 13:44

When I lived in London a few years ago, I used to regularly go for walks through the City or the West-End. I'd always pass lots of office-block businesses with nebulous titles, and behind their plate-glass windows would be sat people like this, the table spread with bottled Evian and documents and a wipe-clean board and a projector in the corner somewhere . I always wondered what they were doing in there.

Now I know..
Kevin R

Postby Gavin » 11 Apr 2014, 17:28

More than likely. Where I work meetings can be like this, and I'm the technical person (there's a ratio of about 10:1 non-tech to technically skilled people).

Sometimes it's quite funny listening to the excuses people make for not having done anything for the past day and having nothing to do for the following day either. Some are honest and just admit they have done nothing, while others use words like "basically" and "holistic" a lot and say nothing at all.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 14 Apr 2014, 11:51

We had a meeting today which I tried to get through as quickly and effectively as possible so I could get back to work. Afterwards, a project manager said "I like meetings - they make me feel important". She was only half-joking, I fear.
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Comedy