When do you tend to write on the forum?

Chat about anything else on your mind
About this forum
n.b. This forum is "read only" for members until they're well established.

When do you tend to write on the forum?

Postby Gavin » 13 Mar 2012, 21:12

I use an Android phone and get notified of everything, every e-mail, every calendar reminder, all of the RSS feeds of interest to me. So many distractions! This means that I usually soon know of forum contributions when they are made and can have a quick look at them. I usually check my phone soon after it wakes me up (it's running my life!) and I find forum contributions not only from our antipodean contributors but also sometimes from our UK friends. Since I go to bed usually much later than is my plan (around 1am) this means some people are going to bed very late!

It might take me a day or so, and I am not really able to afford the time at the moment to make the kind of in-depth posts I would like, but I usually reply to topics within a day or so and I do this first thing in the morning. I like contributing here a lot, but if I do it first thing then it's done and I have some hope of achieving all the other things I want to do in the day (usually a forlorn hope - days speed by!).

When I used to write more, on my own blog, I couldn't spare much time then either, but I think I was exposed to more, such that I felt I just had to write. I would often write articles on my phone, on the tube. After moving out of London and after discovering various writers such as Ed West and (of course) Dalrymple, I have felt a good deal better and have felt less urgency because frankly they usually articulate exactly what I want to say, they do it well, and I know it's out there getting publicity.

Anyway, I'm curious, when do you find time to get a few words down here?
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: When do you tend to write on the forum?

Postby Elliott » 13 Mar 2012, 21:49

I sometimes note down ideas for threads when they occur to me at work. As for actually writing them, that's usually at night. I am often awake well into the wee hours, playing Chopin and typing away.
Elliott

Postby Rachel » 14 Mar 2012, 19:53

I always post at night time. I've always had insomnia and this board is a nice distraction when you can't sleep at night.
Rachel

Postby Caleb » 15 Mar 2012, 01:11

I post at work, between classes. Sometimes, I post on the weekend at home. I rarely post at home during the week.
Caleb

Return to Other