Helmet-cam footage of soldiers in Afghanistan

Chat about anything else on your mind
About this forum
n.b. This forum is "read only" for members until they're well established.

Helmet-cam footage of soldiers in Afghanistan

Postby Gavin » 21 Jun 2012, 12:28

My brother just sent me this incredible footage of American soldiers in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban.

In my completely uneducated opinion it looked to me that they were increasingly pinned down here. You certainly would not want to be on the wrong end of those weapons, but they couldn't really see who they were firing at, and they seemed to be running low on ammo. The guy finally gets a grenade out, but the distance looks a bit far for it to be much use. I was a bit surprised one of the soldiers wasn't on a radio calling in some air support to remove the threat opposite - maybe none was available.

Whatever are the politics of this, these guys are incredibly brave and probably on minimum wage.

Needless to say, swearing in these extreme circumstances is totally understandable, and only serves to show how much it is misused elsewhere by those who have very comfortable and easy lives!
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Other