Merry Xmas to all!

Chat about anything else on your mind
About this forum
n.b. This forum is "read only" for members until they're well established.

Merry Xmas to all!

Postby Mike » 25 Dec 2012, 23:28

Merry Christmas to everyone on this forum. Enjoy the festive season and tread that tightrope line between indulging and over-indulging!
Mike

Re: Merry Xmas to all!

Postby Elliott » 26 Dec 2012, 02:47

Thank you, Mike. I thought about starting such a thread myself but wasn't sure! I hope everyone had a good Christmas.
Elliott

Postby Heather » 26 Dec 2012, 03:29

Merry Christmas!
Heather

Postby Gavin » 26 Dec 2012, 12:29

Hey, thanks all! Happy Christmas to everyone!

I want to take this opportunity to reiterate that although we discuss the most serious of subjects here on the forum, this is not our whole lives! I for one am often joking, talking to the cat, or looking at completely different things like how to work synthesizers when not on here. This is just an outlet, and a place to clarify one's thoughts on serious topics, for - in most cases - a few minutes a day, if that.

So thanks for starting this thread, indeed a Happy Christmas to everyone, and may your work pay off, and you achieve whatever you are aiming to achieve, in the New Year :)

What are people doing for Christmas anyway? I am simply staying in this little northern town but my parents are both up here as well. It has been very windy and wet in the UK. We have not gone in for present giving in a big way at all this year, which is great because I think I have everything I need and others are okay too. Just cards really. My wife is in Florida where, of course, the weather is far better. p.s. I will let you into a secret, which you may have guessed already, my wife is none other than Andrea, who has occasionally written on this very forum! ;)
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Heather » 26 Dec 2012, 14:34

Rather than drive 800 miles (with a toddler in tow) to our hometown, we spent Christmas at our new house. It was such a joy to re-experience the wonder of Christmas through a child's eyes. Our weather was warm and wet, very strange for someone who lived near the border of Canada until last year! I received several lovely gifts, including The Vision of the Anoited and the film The Artist!

Depending on the weather, we might drive into the mountains and take a tour of this place before the holidays are over.
Heather

Postby Gavin » 26 Dec 2012, 15:28

Wow, that place looks well worth a visit. :) The book looks very interesting too and I know The Artist is a masterpiece!
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Mike » 28 Dec 2012, 05:35

Spent at an in-law's sprawling outer-suburban property, at which, ironically, we spent most of the time huddled into one small room because of the cold and rain (that's right - cold and rainy on Christmas day in Australia). My daughter got all sorts of nice presents. I got socks and pyjamas...
Mike

Return to Other