True crime

Chat about anything else on your mind
About this forum
n.b. This forum is "read only" for members until they're well established.

True crime

Postby Gavin » 17 Mar 2013, 12:44

These days I think I'm reading more than I ever have done before, yet fewer books than ever. I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or not, but I'm certainly reading a lot, about all manner of things.

Every subject interests me, probably too much. I don't understand how anyone, especially a teenager, can ever be "bored". I'm afraid that is a sign not of problems with the outside world but of problems with them.

Like Dalrymple, one of the subjects that interests me is that of audacious crimes. I'll mention some of the more interesting articles here, starting with the incredible case of "D.B. Cooper".
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: True crime

Postby Gavin » 03 Aug 2013, 10:10

One of the other incidents I have been reading a great deal about recently is the White House Farm murders - about as close to a real life Agatha Christie story as you could possibly get, only there was no Poirot in sight.

It's very interesting. It seems Bamber is probably guilty however there are a myriad of factors in the case and it may not be a "safe" conviction. If they overturned it now they would probably need to pay out a massive fee and put other people on trial though, and I can't see the authorities wanting to do that.

Had this crime been committed today there would have been DNA evidence all over the place - but the police bungled this investigation to an incredible degree. It's a fascinating case.
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Other