Is the BBC left-wing?

Discussing art and media trends and organisations generally

Re: Is the BBC left-wing?

Postby Gavin » 13 Feb 2014, 08:13

I can't often take it for long, Elliott. For example I just tuned in on my walk now and they were mid-interview with a Muslim who was saying that although there are so many Muslim terrorists around the world, Islam is a religion of peace (needless to say, he went unchallenged on this). The next thing was a trailer for one of their lesbian presenters and I turned it off again.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 17 Feb 2014, 13:54

Just tuned in: programme about the "far right" movement in Hungary. Still waiting for mention of the far left movement here in the UK. I suppose that'll come when they say "You're listening to the BBC" ;)
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 19 Feb 2014, 07:47

BBC currently struggling to understand why lots of "young people" are unemployed - though unemployment as a whole is currently falling. They've got a couple of guests on. Lots of chatter, the usual things said, but none of them are going to veer anywhere close to the unsayable - things I have stated many times:

When a society i) embraces relativism and loses confidence in its own culture and ii) offers financial incentives for the thick and irresponsible to have as many children, with as many people, as they like - then the society as a whole is going to become thicker, more vulgar and more chaotic. As a result a lot of people are going to be unemployable - especially as machines and computers become more and more capable of basic labour. It really isn't difficult to understand, it's just common sense and the Idiocracy principle. It's a bit un-PC though, so out of bounds for the BBC.

Oh, add to this the importing of millions of foreigners to do basic labour while we put our people on benefits, and more intelligent people going to off to do easy non-subjects like "media studies", "black studies" etc. at "university" (a lot of so-called universities these days are polytechnics renamed) and the matter becomes even clearer. Again these obvious explanations are out of bounds for the BBC though, since it is pro immigration (especially from third world countries, it seems) and is itself a media organisation (indeed one that lives on hand-outs and doesn't need to make its own money).
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 22 Feb 2014, 20:27

To clarify something in my last post here, I didn't mean to suggest university education was necessarily superior to polytechnic or vocational education - of course not. When "grievance studies" subjects are offered at universities, it's perhaps even worse.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » 22 Feb 2014, 20:55

Some universities (I would love to know which ones - name and shame!) give academic credits for attending something called the White Privilege Conference, held next month in Madison, Wisconsin (anybody fancy going there for our forum meet-up? ;)).

I thought it would be a long shot to expect the BBC to be endorsing that conference given that it's an American thing, but I had to check the names of the organisations associated with it anyway - the BBC are NOT there. Let them have some credit for that at least!
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 23 Feb 2014, 10:47

Peter Hitchens is currently on that Big Questions programme on the BBC. They were talking about "hate crimes" (no mention of the Muslim Patrol, as far as I heard, no faulting of the concept as a whole). Now they're talking about prostitution, and I heard remarks such as "no woman wants to be a prostitute".

When Hitchens speaks, his calm, measured tones and the intellectual sense of a single sentence outweigh the last ten minutes of self-righteous drivel from other participants who are not thinking very well. You have to admire the man's tolerance.

TD recently linked to the Wikipedia, which is fairly rare:

TD wrote:Did not Burke say that all that was necessary for evil to triumph was for good men to do nothing? Actually, it is not certain that he said it, but a moral aphorism’s truth does not depend upon its provenance.

p.s. Humanists are on the programme, quoting the objectionable parts of the bible to a female priest. They'd show a lot more courage if they dared to instead criticise Britain's incoming and fastest growing religion, that's right, the religion of peace, but predictably they only focus on our own heritage, now tamed.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 05 Mar 2014, 08:22

Tuned into the Today Programme briefly (most important morning news programme in the UK). They're ecstatic because they think a yet to be released government report finds that mass immigration has "not had the impact on British jobs that some ministers have suggested". That's the only way they measure the effect of mass third world immigration in the towers of Islington.

Then I heard the phrase "gender inequality" yet again so switched off.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 12 Mar 2014, 08:54

Interesting interview on BBC News today as one very rich person (Evan Davis) spoke with another extremely rich person (George Soros), and from their elevated status the two discussed i) how unfairly the Roma are treated ii) how to combat the rising popularity of the "far right" iii) the problem of "immigrant bashing" and iv) how to ensure (against the wishes of the people) that Britain remains in the EU. The two men have a lot in common since both are chauffeured to work and probably never have live with the consequences of far left policies at street level.

The BBC followed this with a trailer of Bonnie Greer talking about slavery. This issue has of course been given new steam recently. That's good if it helps stop all the Africans who are currently enslaving their own people (which it won't), not so good if it just encourages misplaced white guilt (which it will).

But I mustn't be too hard on them. Throughout all this the BBC is mourning the sudden passing of another wealthy man: the hardline Marxist trade unionist Bob Crow.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » 12 Mar 2014, 10:30

George Soros complaining about unfair treatment of the Roma (what unfair treatment?) and the rise of the far-right (what far-right?) when he was born in Hungary, where both those issues are about 10000 times more prevalent? You couldn't make this stuff up!
Nathan

Postby Nathan » 26 Mar 2014, 18:44

Some excellent points from Douglas Carswell here regarding the BBC having a bias or not. This quote that I read in the comments section is worth repeating here too!

Jeff Randall, former BBC business editor wrote:It’s a bit like walking into a Sunday meeting of the Flat Earth Society. As they discuss great issues of the day, they discuss them from the point of view that the earth is flat.

If someone says, ‘No, no, no, the earth is round!’, they think this person is an extremist. That’s what it’s like for someone with my right-of-centre views working inside the BBC.
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 02 Apr 2014, 09:03

A single chance minute of BBC news often equals a minute of leftism. Yesterday, for example, I caught a moment if their female dominated "Breakfast" TV news programme - which is more like a kind of children's news - and the male presenter sitting on the couch said "But people in deprived areas won't be able to afford fruit and veg, will they?".

Had this man not, himself, been brainwashed by the leftist machine, he would have known that nobody in the UK can reasonably be said to be “deprived" and that fruit and veg are much cheaper than meat and than the junk underclass people often choose to put in their trollies (I have seen for myself many times, but he will be chauffeured to work and obviously moves only in more elevated society, this contributing to his ignorance).

This morning I tried out couple of minutes of the propaganda output of The Today Programme, too. They were playing a trailer for a forthcoming discussion about the miners' strike in the Eighties (when the miners and militant trade unionists spat at anyone who tried to go to work and called them "scabs"). Every comment played was anti-Thatcher. They ended on one woman saying "This is not just about economics, it's about people's lives!" - but the two are surely very much intertwined.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 02 Apr 2014, 12:21

Further to the above, the BBC World at One programme has been running reports every day this week on "why white British children under-perform compared with some other groups". I wonder if the reason might not only be because of the increasing idiocracy under the welfare state, but also because the youngsters are taught to be ashamed of their culture and heritage as they see it replaced around them. Both are questions the BBC will probably steer well clear of asking.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » 02 Apr 2014, 13:07

Oh, so we're allowed to single out ethnic groups for their underachievement now then? Did they mention how Black Caribbean boys are four times as likely to be excluded as any other ethnic group?
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 02 Apr 2014, 13:27

No, it's really weird Nathan, but they didn't mention that. They didn't wonder why Muslims are massively "over-represented" in global terrorism either or why Pakistanis are massively over-represented sexual abuse (of another ethnic group's children). Weird, that.

Towards the end they did make the point though, albeit briefly, vaguely and apparently reluctantly, that while the other ethnic groups are constantly allowed to champion their rights and their identities in our country, whites have "nobody to stand behind" because that person would immediately be accused (no doubt by the BBC first of all) of being racist. This idea was immediately dismissed by the whatever female MP they were speaking to, and that was the end of that. You can probably hear it on their iPlayer.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 05 Apr 2014, 05:39

6.20 in the morning, I turned on Radio 4. It was the programme "Open Country" about walking in the Peak District. They even managed to turn this into a celebration of diversity! They were interviewing some Indian people they had managed to find, who were saying there was a "good density of diversity" in some parts of the UK. Probably not good enough for the BBC though, not while English people and culture remain - just - a majority.
Gavin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Art & Media