Tommy Robinson on BBC1 Sunday Politics

Discussing art and media trends and organisations generally

Re: Tommy Robinson on BBC1 Sunday Politics

Postby Elliott » 17 Jun 2013, 11:01

Liberty GB have a short analysis of this interview.
Elliott

Postby Elliott » 18 Jun 2013, 08:18

I'm not sure about the conclusion of this article, but it is certainly interesting.
Elliott

Postby Paul » 18 Jun 2013, 22:35

Elliott wrote:Well I've watched the video now. Good God... I don't know how anybody could think that was anything other than disgraceful bias on the part of the BBC and Andrew Neil. He came across as a complacent, effete, insincere, clueless bumpkin while Tommy Robinson came across as genuine. The BBC have shot themselves in the foot with their triple-attempt to pillory TR this last week.

I've just got round to watching this earlier. It's our duty to do so in a way - these are momentous times for us Brits and to later claim ignorance of what has been going on will be no excuse. Not that I was unaware but still....

It may be a cliche to say this is the worst thing I've seen on the BBC, but then again what could be worse? But I've not owned a TV for over 10 years now so it's not like I'm a TV devotee anyway, and I'll admit I was never one for too much politics on TV in the first place.

I do see odd TVs of course, mainly at my parents house. It's not like they're glued to it all day but it does always seem to be switched on - even when nobody is watching it. It's like a big, square baby-minder in the corner, making soothing noises and showing pretty pictures.

I have enjoyed Question Time back in the day (no pun) when the flamboyant Robin Day used to present it, but was never an addict of the programme. Paxman grates on me just seeing him. His aloof bearing, and hectoring tone. I would be very stern with him ......... if I could overcome any nerves about appearing on TV of course. If I could be myself, I would wither the whole damned lot of them.

TR has missed a trick or two that I would have employed several times (dozens more likely) in that interview (with Andrew Neil). It goes like this: PLEASE STOP INTERRUPTING!

Adjectives such as 'rude', 'bad-mannered', even 'odious' and the like would be permissible, certainly if a repeat transgression to this effect was made. Who the hell do these TV people think they are?

Public servants, that's what, with their snouts in a deep trough and totally out of touch with the people they claim to be informing.

What can we do? Refuse to pay the licence fee? That doesn't apply to me though. I see that Paul Weston hasn't paid a fee for several years he says, after writing to them asking about their lack of impartiality, the exceeding of their constitution and their tacit support for terrorists. They never replied and he has never heard from them again, so he says.

Easily as serious as the above is the deliberate raking up of TR's correct full name, even date of birth and with a copy of his birth certificate too. They've probably photo-copied that a few dozen times and distributed it to 'interested parties' anyway, whether or not it was stated on air. But it really is remarkably serious in the context of the threats received by TR. Andrew Neil is an evil man, or party to that evil. We should decry him far and wide for evermore.

Anyway, it's an evil institution without this. The child abuse scandals prove it. No wonder they appease their partners in paedophilia - the Islamic gangs. I would have been straight onto that connection and very loudly too.

"That's what will waken the great British public up this fine Sunday morning Mr Neil. Child abuse. Oh and by the way Andy (you don't mind if I use a slightly different name for you do you Andy?) - how much did you know about all this perversion when it was occurring? Come on now - you've been here decades - how many blind eyes did you turn? Just asking."
Paul

Postby Gavin » 18 Jun 2013, 23:07

I feel your outrage on this, Paul, I share it. That would have been a good response to Neil. I reckon Tommy needs to ramp it up a bit, but he has been doing really well. I would like to see some of these BBC people try it on with Paul Weston. They have tried it with UKIP and been put in their place a couple of times now.

We used to not have a TV license. We have one again now but we will talk about not renewing it. This is the way to deal with the BBC, I think. Personally I never watch anything the BBC broadcast anyway, and I increasingly can't listen to their radio output either. I can find out everything I need to know about Arab and Third World "hardships" in the UK from other sources if I really want to.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Andreas » 19 Jun 2013, 18:20

I just watched this now. Tommy Robinson clearly won the "debate" (really just a series of attacks on him and the EDL). He scored points especially when he compared the blanket condemnation of the EDL for the bad actions of a few to how Islam is never blamed for the violent actions of individual Muslims. Andrew Neil came across as an arrogant, condescending, upper-middle-class ass, Robinson as a man with genuine concerns that should be listened to, whatever his personal faults might be.
Andreas

Postby Gavin » 19 Jun 2013, 20:34

I agree, Andreas. Yet... here is the BBC's view of its own conduct.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 20 Jun 2013, 08:39

As readers can see, the BBC accepted no faults at all over its conduct, even though it just tried character assassination and didn't actually address any of the concerns - none at all.

I was thinking, Tommy ought really have to got in earlier and a bit more aggressively against Neil. He could have said to him: "Are you a paedophile?" Neil (shocked): "No". TR: "Well, some in your organisation are."

Perhaps he could also have called him a racist before Neil had a chance to do the same. It must be hard on air though.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 26 Aug 2014, 18:12

Andrew Neil just issued the following tweet:

Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 19.07.19.png

I'm sure we'll see more of them turn soon enough, but we will never forget.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 26 Aug 2014, 18:28

It's not often I reply to tweets on Twitter, but I did to that one, it was so utterly hypocritical, and I note that Neil "muted" the reply on his timeline so that nobody could see it.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 26 Aug 2014, 19:04

Well at least you tried, Gavin. Andrew Neil should be ashamed of his interview of Tommy Robinson.
Elliott

Previous

Return to Art & Media