Traditional Art

Discussing art and media trends and organisations generally

Re: Traditional Art

Postby Andrea » 11 Jun 2014, 22:48

Beautifully put, Kevin, as usual. Thanks for sharing the link to Sewell's article - now I am almost always in agreement with his views on art. (Also, I would recommend his videos, Last of the Medici, and the road-trip/pilgrimage he made to Santiago de Compostela.)
Andrea

Postby Kevin R » 12 Jun 2014, 22:10

Thanks Andrea.

Sewell is nearly always good reading. I've seen his 'pilgrimage' programmes, but not as yet 'The Last of the Medici'. Will have to seek that one out.

You're probably familiar with the TV work of critic Robert Hughes, but if not then I can also recommend it as interesting viewing.
Kevin R

Postby Kevin R » 11 Sep 2014, 10:00

For any of our friends here that may be interested, I've created a facebook page for Van Dyke, do stop by and have a look..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sir-Anth ... fref=photo
Kevin R

Postby Kevin R » 27 May 2015, 16:19

As a counter to the doctor's scepticism of certain historical artists, here's one that seems to chime punctually with his critical disposition.

The penultimate paragraph is a telling suggestion of how we view kindness and sympathy.

http://takimag.com/article/a_freak_show ... z2vWePUc38
Kevin R

Previous

Return to Art & Media