Women speaking out against Feminism

Feminist ideology and the effect it has had upon society
About this forum
This is an example of one thread - Feminism - which has recently been turned into its own subforum. Thus we are currently breaking that very interesting, but very long, thread into sub-discussions where appropriate. This will leave the original thread with a lot of views while the new threads will apparently have fewer. They'll begin to catch up though.

Women speaking out against Feminism

Postby Andrea » 30 Apr 2013, 08:53

Hi everyone! I was reading the Mail Online this morning when I came across a very interesting article about Diana Rigg entitled, "I'm no feminist, says Diana (and I love men who offer me a seat!): Avengers star says she likes it when a man shows courtesy," and I thought it was perfect to share here with you.

As she played Emma Peel in The Avengers in that most horrid of decades - the Sixties, she apparently became an icon for the feminist movement. I've always enjoyed Rigg's work in the period dramas I usually watch. Funnily enough, I have never seen her performance in The Avengers, so I have no memories of her as a feminist icon. I remember her from my childhood, where she hosted the Mystery! series on PBS on Sunday nights, which I always watched. She was an elegant, well-spoken lady that I admired. It turns out she was worth admiring!

‘If they [men] put an arm round a woman and say, “You look good today”, they could find themselves in the small claims court. Women who moan and carp about that sort of thing are stupid. They find it belittling, but it’s just good manners.'

It has gone too far with women getting offended. We're indoctrinated into believing that it's wrong for men to help us, and this in itself is wrong. I love it when a man says I look good. I enjoy getting whistled at by builders - it can make my day!

'You can’t pat bottoms, though. You deserve to be slapped for that. It’s condescending. I wouldn’t allow it.’

Again I agree with Rigg that if anyone touched my bottom (other than my husband) I certainly would give them a firm slap.

She goes on to say:

If a man holds a door open for me or pulls back a chair so that this old bag can sit down, I’m delighted.

I, too, love it when a man offers me a seat. I literally *need* a seat sometimes, especially after a few hours wearing high heels which can be quite painful (before anyone says, "don't wear them," yeah, right, if you knew how they make a woman fell in regards to self-confidence, you wouldn't say that). I think it is extremely nasty for women to start spouting obscenities and general rudeness whenever a decent chap offers them their seat on public transport. Just because a few very bitter women cannot deal with such gentlemanlike behaviour does not mean that the rest of us (normal women) don't appreciate it.

You can read the full version here.
Andrea

Re: Women speaking out against Feminism

Postby Gavin » 22 Oct 2013, 03:54

I think this brave and admirable young woman will meet with the respect of a lot of men.

Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Women speaking out against Feminism

Postby Andrea » 12 Apr 2014, 13:53

I am very impressed with what Kirsten Dunst said in this interview.

She said:
"I feel like the feminine has been a little undervalued. We all have to get our own jobs and make our own money, but staying at home, nurturing, being the mother, cooking – it’s a valuable thing my mom created. And sometimes, you need your knight in shining armour. I’m sorry. You need a man to be a man and a woman to be a woman. That’s how relationships work."

I might go out and get myself a copy in support!

https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/kirsten-dunst-tells-harper-s-bazaar--women-should-stay-at-home--cooking-100037239.html
Andrea

Return to Feminism