Happy International Men's Day!

Feminist ideology and the effect it has had upon society
About this forum
This is an example of one thread - Feminism - which has recently been turned into its own subforum. Thus we are currently breaking that very interesting, but very long, thread into sub-discussions where appropriate. This will leave the original thread with a lot of views while the new threads will apparently have fewer. They'll begin to catch up though.

Postby Andrea » 19 Nov 2014, 20:24

Finally, men get a day. I've been celebrating it all day and I was surprised (well, not really) that it wasn't mentioned in the news or anywhere. It was trending all day on Twitter, though, so that's something. (Don't read the tweets because most of them are really stupid!).

I, as a traditional woman, would just like say how much most decent women value and appreciate you men. Thank you.
Andrea

Re: Happy International Men's Day!

Postby Nathan » 19 Nov 2014, 20:45

Wow! I'm usually one of those people who finds it easy to remember dates, and I could have told you without looking anything up that 8th March was International Women's Day and 19th September was International Talk Like a Pirate Day, but I'd never even heard of this!

Shame it's a bit late in the day now, because if I'd known earlier then I'd have liked to have used the day as an opportunity to try something manly. I've never done any kind of outdoor survival training for example, a skill I've long been meaning to learn.
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 19 Nov 2014, 22:42

Yes, did you notice all the articles in Telegraph Men (non-existent) about this and all the features across the MSM generally? Nope, me neither. I had no idea such a day even existed, otherwise I might have invented something.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » 19 Nov 2014, 22:46

I haven't bothered checking what's in the Guardian much these days - might be worth it in a couple of days though when UKIP get their second MP:) - but I did have a look this evening and they have an article about it, which I didn't bother reading, with the title and subheading as follows:

"International Men's Day: what are we celebrating?

It's clear why women have their day but men don't really need the same..."

Zzzz.......I'd at least have more respect for the Guardian if they weren't so mind-numbingly predictable. The least interesting people I know are those who can't spring a surprise on anybody by holding an opinion or having had an experience that you would never have expected of them.
Nathan

Postby Yessica » 21 Nov 2014, 10:19

I hope you had a happy men's day, men!
I did not even know it existed.

Shame it's a bit late in the day now, because if I'd known earlier then I'd have liked to have used the day as an opportunity to try something manly. I've never done any kind of outdoor survival training for example, a skill I've long been meaning to learn.

You can still do that, can't you?
Yessica

Postby Lindsey » 21 Nov 2014, 16:25

Happy Man day! I didn't know it existed either, though I do enjoy Movember,As it's lovely to watch men grow moustaches and be rather proud of them, and hopefully raise some money on the side.

Nathan - If it's something you really want to do, you can come along to a bushcraft meet and get chatting to instructors, there's a lot of courses and some are better than others . (Ps survival isn't all that manly ! A heck if a lot time is spent sewing! )
Lindsey

Return to Feminism