Islam in the UK

Islam is, for now, included under this topic

Re: Islam in the UK

Postby Gavin » 20 Feb 2014, 09:00

An interesting discussion between Paul Weston and Robert Spencer, presented by a polite sounding person named Tim Burton, who is currently being prosecuted for "hate crime" against the leader of absurdly named organisation "Tell Mama":

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » 11 Mar 2014, 09:18

I could just as easily have put this in the "Democracy in a multi-ethnic society" thread, but the following 16 constituencies are to be put under extra scrutiny at the next election after problems with electoral fraud regarding postal voting:

Birmingham
Blackburn with Darwen
Bradford
Burnley
Calderdale
Coventry
Derby
Hyndburn
Kirklees
Oldham
Pendle
Peterborough
Slough
Tower Hamlets
Walsall
Woking

I'll let you consider what other factor most, if not all of those places have in common.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26487418
Nathan

Postby Nathan » 18 Mar 2014, 13:45

Islamic teacher who sexually abused girl, 11, as he taught her the Koran spared jail because his wife doesn't speak English

This one ticks almost every box you can think of:

• The man's wife doesn't speak English. (Why not? How long has she been here / how did she get a visa?)
  • He has six children.
  • The family currently live entirely on benefits. (He claims the family has never been on benefits before, but are we expected to believe he was able to support a wife and six children, one of whom with learning difficulties, by giving Koran lessons?)
  • He wore his ethnic costume when attending court.
  • The man's lawyer also has a Muslim-sounding name.
  • Social services claimed the man did not pose a risk.
Nathan

Postby Andy JS » 23 Mar 2014, 01:27

"Islamic law is adopted by British legal chiefs":

"Islamic law is to be effectively enshrined in the British legal system for the first time under guidelines for solicitors on drawing up “Sharia compliant” wills.

Under ground-breaking guidance, produced by The Law Society, High Street solicitors will be able to write Islamic wills that deny women an equal share of inheritances and exclude unbelievers altogether.
Andy JS

Postby Charlie » 23 Mar 2014, 13:51

I noticed that there was no comments section underneath...
Charlie

Postby Gavin » 25 Mar 2014, 08:09

A brilliant speech by Gavin Boby, of the Law and Freedom Foundation - a brave man who is really doing something to combat the Islamisation of Britain, at personal risk.

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 06 Apr 2014, 20:10

Given the comments we usually see on the Telegraph, I found the results of this poll very incongruous:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 21.04.39.png
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 06 Apr 2014, 23:02

I can think of only two explanations:

1. The Telegraph have skewed the results.

2. Liberal/Islamic pressure groups have enjoined their members to vote in the poll.

There's no way that result is a reflection of the Telegraph readership.
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 07 Apr 2014, 07:12

I agree it can't be when nigh on 100% of the comments are against Islamification. We must remember, I suppose, that the DT is very Catholic so will wish to defend their religious rights as much as possible and might naively bundle Islam into "religious views" as well as it grows so rapidly.

I think explanation (1) is most probable. However it is also notable that they put the "banning" option as the last one, and some people may have misread the questions, thinking "No" (option 1) meant ban them. They then reversed the order in the results.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 13 Apr 2014, 11:44

I just saw this on Twitter. Unfortunately this is indeed often how it feels at street level in much of the UK, especially if it is a gang approaching.

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 13 Apr 2014, 23:44

It's interesting. That would be a subtle, yet quite effective, way of showing the infidel that you, the Muslim, are in charge. It's the kind of thing that would go unnoticed yet have a subtle psychological effect.
Elliott

Postby Yessica » 14 Apr 2014, 09:03

Gavin wrote:and when you meet any of them on the road force him to go the narrowest part of it

It's what they do all of the time, especially when encountering women without male company.
I used to think that they were just rude and full of themselves now I see that there is more to it.

*lol* My husband is tall and he works out. I never had that problem when out with him. How comes that fundies in all their arrogance do not dare to confront him?

Re: greeting. in Germany it is polite to greet strangers in certain situations (for example like using a elevator together) but I never greet a Muslim I do not know. I cast down my eyes and try not to notice them. Not all Muslims are the same but to many took being greeted by me as a sign that it was okay to make suggestive sexual comments. Unfortunatly a experience other women I know share. I feel a bit sorry for all those muslims who are not like that.
Yessica

Postby Gavin » 14 Apr 2014, 12:03

This is lead headline on the BBC as well, amazingly. The trouble is, whatever they do - if anything - is of course just a sticking plaster. Demographics plus democracy will dictate this issue in the end.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 15 Apr 2014, 12:34

Michael Gove is privately no fool when it comes to Islam, I think. He is, after all, the author of Celsius 7/7. He has appointed the former senior anti-terrorism policeman to investigate allegations of the Islamisation of Birmingham schools.

Mr Gove was condemned for this decision by both guests who the BBC chose to be on their World At One programme today. Why would he be suitable, they wondered?

Liars. They know that almost all terrorist incidents in the UK are perpetrated by Muslims. A British soldiers was near-beheaded on the streets of London last year by Muslims. The Qur’an itself contains thousands of words of hate and is antithetical to the British tradition and way of life.

We need a serious investigation into this and it seems to me that an ex-terrorism officer is the ideal man for the job. It will ultimately be of only symbolic importance, though, as I outlined above.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 01 May 2014, 13:02

At my workplace I work with a number of Muslims. Some are pleasant enough despite their religion, but I notice a trend among some of the women. I have seen this among many of the women at department stores in Birmingham too, and one sees it among Saudi Arabian and Qatari women.

I write of a horrible and hypocritical fusion of the worst elements of British culture with the 7th century ideology of Islam. For example, one young woman at my workplace is the picture of everything “trendy”. She is not technically skilled but is in an unnecessary supervisory kind of role. She wears a lot of brand names including a vulgar “FCUK” belt, drives a (German engineered) BMW, calls people (men and women) “mate”, swears, and generally seems to have a greatly over-inflated sense of self-esteem (a common - it sometimes seems almost universal - problem among young women in the West). She actually said to me following a particularly pointless meeting "I like meetings - they make me feel important!".

Today, conversation among the Muslims went around to fasting. She was explaining that it was a “requirement” for her to fast, so she’s going to do that. A Muslim male whom she likes (a foul mouthed one) joked with her that she was not going to be able to swear during that period.

During such conversations I put my earphones in and don't make any comment whatsoever. If I was was asked my view I would be non-committal or honest in my reply, I wouldn’t lie. But I would not give my full opinion, of course, otherwise I would certainly lose my job. That's reserved for the ballot box.

Already I get the distinct sense they don’t like me, anyway. This would be because they can tell I don’t like two principal things about them: their vulgarity and their religion. That’s judgmentalism, you see, and I’m proud of mine. But they will think I think I’m “better than them”. I do indeed think that, and deep down perhaps they know I’m right to think that, and this will gall them even further. It’s easy to blame another, much harder to reform oneself.

I suspect they probably resent me too because they see me as a bit of a “hanger-on”. There’s a new population here now, what am I doing still hanging around? This makes me wonder how things would be if Islam really did get a serious grip in this country, even more than it has already. I’ve been thinking about this. (I say “would be” not “will be” because I think things will crack before this point.)

I believe laws would start changing, democratically, so gradually not only allow behaviour for Muslims but oblige behaviour for non-Muslims too. Already we are obliged not to criticise the religion or we can be arrested for “hate speech” (the ultimate irony). We are also obliged to eat halal food. I can see us further being obliged to join in prayers, attend a mosque periodically, and perhaps fast. The advice would come (at first): “It’s good for you, you know”. Gradually and subtlely it would increase from there. Such conversion, is after all, very clearly mandated by the Qur’an.
Gavin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Multiculturalism & Immigration