Islam in the UK

Islam is, for now, included under this topic

Re: Islam in the UK

Postby Nathan » 01 May 2014, 13:19

As of either 2015 or 2016 I think Ramadan is going to conflict with the school exam period for a few years. Obviously fasting from 4.30 in the morning until nearly 10 at night (though doing that every day for a month in midsummer is a very impressive achievement, I must admit) isn't the best preparation for exams, so I've heard about Muslim groups either trying to get the exam period moved entirely or having Muslim students be exempted from doing more than one exam on any one day.

To give an idea of how rigidly the rules about everybody taking the exams at the exact same time have traditionally been enforced, I remember Charlotte Church having to do some of her exams at 4 am at the British Embassy in Washington while on tour in the US, so I will be very interested to see if the education authorities cave in on this.
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 01 May 2014, 13:29

I think we can assume they probably will, Nathan. If there is a defence in the UK it certainly will not come from the Quisling bureaucratic class. Since academia and the intelligentsia are now compromised (indeed, arguably the source of the problem) then any change will have to come from street level and ordinary voters.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 01 May 2014, 17:59

I'd just like to take the opportunity to say this is what not to do if you're concerned about the Islamisation of the UK.

According to Albert Speer, Hitler was actually sympathetic towards Islam (saying "The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?") and that respect is reciprocated across the Muslim world - principally, as far as I can see, because the Qur'an also dictates hatred of Jews.

What you do if you are concerned about the rise of Islam in this country is you simply make sure you go out and vote UKIP at every opportunity.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » 01 May 2014, 18:14

Gavin wrote:According to Albert Speer, Hitler was actually sympathetic towards Islam (saying "The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?") and that respect is reciprocated across the Muslim world - principally, as far as I can see, because the Qur'an also dictates hatred of Jews.

I used to know a German who had studied Arabic language and culture and had spent a year or two travelling around the Middle East. He said once that a few times people had reacted positively towards him when he'd said he was German, firstly because they liked German cars, and the second reason was because of the Holocaust. I can't imagine how awkward that must have made him feel.

I remember speaking with him about Islam on the day 7/7 happened, actually - he had plenty of anecdotes to tell and all sorts of insights. He was one of those rare people who is interested enough to become a genuine expert in a foreign culture without falling in love with it to the extent of being blinded to its faults. Shame I lost touch with him, really.
Nathan

Postby Paul » 01 May 2014, 20:54

Nathan wrote:As of either 2015 or 2016 I think Ramadan is going to conflict with the school exam period for a few years. Obviously fasting from 4.30 in the morning until nearly 10 at night (though doing that every day for a month in midsummer is a very impressive achievement, I must admit) isn't the best preparation for exams, so I've heard about Muslim groups either trying to get the exam period moved entirely or having Muslim students be exempted from doing more than one exam on any one day.

I recall when Ramadan was in summer some years ago. It was August and I realise now it was the best part of ten years ago, if not in fact a full ten.

It recall it via cricket. We played an exclusively Muslim team from the Bolton suburbs (it's a genuine league team) and they all couldn't have a tea and I'm not sure on restrictions at drinks (water is allowed of course). This was probably the third week of Ramadan or thereabouts and this, along with maybe knowledge from previous years, caused our captain to put them into bat without much thought about the usual considerations. They were already starving at this point, about 1pm.

Then, after their innings, we all trooped off for a nice tea and they sat there all forlorn. Then they had to field for 48 overs and they were all as weak as kittens.

They're the only club in the league that doesn't have a bar and serve a range of drinks, which is against the league constitution. They were alone exempted.

They were, on a cricket basis, perfectly sound chaps and good players, but there you go. Always take on Muslims in the few hours before sundown, in Ramadan, preferably in June.
Paul

Postby Nathan » 27 May 2014, 21:32

Looking through the Daily Mail website now, towards the top of the page I saw a story about a pregnant woman and her husband in Pakistan being murdered in broad daylight by 20 members of the bride's family in front a crowd of onlookers (who presumably did nothing to help the two) in front of the high court of Lahore, all because she had married someone they didn't approve of.

I wondered how long it will be before we see the same thing happening in Britain, but what did I see scrolling down the same page?

Controlling Muslim husband in London who forced wife to convert to Islam and wear a hijab before he killed her while she was pregnant is jailed for 17 years

Talking about the first case in Pakistan, what a horrendously corrupt legal system:

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, a private organisation, said in a report last month that some 869 women were murdered in so-called honour killings in 2013.

But the Pakistani rights group, The Aurat Foundation, has said the figure could be closer to a thousand and some estimate the true number could be higher still.

Campaigners say few cases come to court, and those that do can take years to be heard.

Even those that do result in a conviction may end with the killers walking free. Pakistani law allows a victim's family to forgive their killer.

But in honour killings, most of the time the women's killers are her family, said Wasim Wagha of the Aurat Foundation.

The law allows them to nominate someone to do the murder, then forgive him.

'This is a huge flaw in the law,' he said. 'We are really struggling on this issue.'
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 09 Jun 2014, 17:40

I assume all have seen the news about the findings of Ofsted today, so I will not detail them here. I will say, though, that in my opinion today is a significant day, as it is the first time the elite have had to confront the ugly face of Islam and its malevolent influence as areas of the country are colonised (that is, aside from the murder of a British soldier in broad daylight and other terrorist incidents).

Reportedly there were gasps of shock in the Commons. They were actually "shocked". That's how out of touch they are!

Sadly, this is only the beginning. The problem runs very deep - the problem is the colonisation itself. The government will have to follow the trail but that is where it ends up. I think ultimately they will have to admit that the hate creed, Islam, itself must be outlawed. It is unwelcome in the UK. That's when things will really kick off.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » 11 Jun 2014, 21:36

I can recommend every paragraph of this Telegraph article from Allison Pearson regarding the Trojan Horse scandal. It's as refreshingly honest as the "I feel like a stranger where I live" article from last year - it doesn't say much new, but it is new to be reading such raw truth in a mainstream publication.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/ed ... equal.html
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 15 Jun 2014, 12:28

With almost 7,000 comments in total and more than 1,000 recommends for the top rated comment alone on that article, many of the public obviously feel strongly about this issue. It'll be interesting to see how long the Powers That Be can keep a lid on it.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Rigsby » 15 Jun 2014, 19:26

Gavin wrote:With almost 7,000 comments in total and more than 1,000 recommends for the top rated comment alone on that article, many of the public obviously feel strongly about this issue. It'll be interesting to see how long the Powers That Be can keep a lid on it.

The media are already keeping a lid on it. Some articles, even if very newsworthy, are just not open to comments. I read the comments sections of the Graun, the Indy, The Telegraph and even the Daily Mail, because that's how you get an idea of what people are really thinking. Some news items are just not open for comment, usually for 'legal reasons'. In the case of the Guardian, whose forum is called 'comment is free' this is laughable.
Rigsby

Postby Gavin » 15 Jun 2014, 20:47

Yes, that is true, but I mean even despite their censorship. I have personally had what I believe to be entirely truthful comments removed from the Telegraph recently. In fairness it may be for legal reasons - they may be closed down and/or prosecuted if they allow certain remarks. In the same sense I need to be careful with this site, too.

So even with their censorship, when will breaking point come? It's much harder for them now there is the Internet. Anyone can report incidents to wide audiences, and people have their own eyes anyway. I think it'll come when people better realise that they are affected not only socially, but also economically (thus existentially) by being forced to fund mass unchecked immigration and the growth of Islam.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 19 Jun 2014, 19:25

With the beating of a Roma suspected burglar and the murder of a self-segregated Muslim it seems as though it might be taking off across Europe.

Meanwhile, I turned on the The Today Programme, BBC Radio 4’s flagship news programme, for approximately twenty minutes yesterday morning. I heard the news at 8am then the 8.10 major story and then the secondary story at 8.20.

The presenter during this period was the well spoken Muslim Mishal Husain (not to be confused wiith Ritula Sha, who presents the evening flagship programme The World Tonight). Ms Husain began speaking just after a report by Rajini Vaidyanathan had finished (not to be confused with other BBC reporter Reeta Chakrabarti).

Having already announced there was a "failure of white pupils” at schools in the UK she introduced a report (at 2"10', here) on the hundreds of British Muslims who are thought by authorities to possibly be fighting with Isis in Iraq. She asked “Where does the anger come from that motivates people to leave Britain and fight abroad?”. They sent their reporter - Sima Kotecha - into the divided city of Bradford to find out. Now, wouldn’t it have been more interesting if they had sent an English reporter to see how far they would get, and whether they would survive unscathed, instead?

Sima passes Sari shops and halal food shops (complete self-contained and separate communities have been allowed to develop in the UK) until she meets “a group of young Pakistani Muslim men”. Notabaly she does not call them British (slipped up there). When asked some say they would love to go to Iraq and fight with their “brothers”, simply because there are Muslims fighting someone. “You’re gonna live as a Muslim you’re gonna die as a Muslim, innit?” says one, adding that he’d like to “shoot them in the head”.

These Muslims obviously identify primarily (if not exclusively) with other Muslims and do not think of themselves as part of the wider UK community at all. And they were just apparently met at random in the street. Having lived in Birmingham for six months I do not doubt that for a moment.

The target of their anger, says Sima, is simply “the West”. "The Trojan Horse allegations have led to even more distrust of the government." Distrust that they will allow them to continue colonising the UK, perhaps (nothing to worry about there, I am sure!).

Sima says that some want to go to Iraq with a “well-meaning intention” and then it’s back to Mishal, who interviews a Baroness who rightly says the Muslims are “very ignorant”. The trouble is there are so many of them. Mishal started cross-questioning her about whether we should stop them going to Iraq to train as Jihadis.

The next feature was about why there are not more female diplomats and how disgraceful that is - because remember there must be complete equality everywhere and in everything and everyone is equal (but women are just that little bit more equal than men).
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Rigsby » 20 Jun 2014, 19:36

I truly believe we are heading for some very ugly times in this country. As we sail into largely uncharted waters socially, I'm not sure what form they will take, but I envision some type of Balkanisation at the very least and all out civil war in the worst case scenario. France seems to be slightly ahead of us and their cities are becoming very dangerous places. Germany is at least on a par, or not far behind.

The thing that absolutely stupifies me is how few people seem to see it coming. Politicians, media, John Doe on the street. Or, rather, John Doe does see it but keeps quiet for fear of being branded guilty of 'thought crime' - and that is a genuine fear, if you put your head above the parapet and say what you think, you could lose your job, face ostracisation, lose your home because you can't cover the mortgage/rent/etc, and the Politicians and media see it but turn a blind eye in order to retain the status quo.

I tend to keep my views to myself. I'm not a racist, and I don't think any race is superior over another, but Islam does not have a single quality that I wish to celebrate, emulate or adopt. I used to work for one of the most PC government outfits you could imagine, 'faith rooms', for which read 'Islam rooms', people downing keyboards and mice to go off and pray at various times of the day, etc. Diversity training twice a year, etc. As a white, working class heterosexual male, I literally was at the bottom of the pile.

The thing that absolutely terrifies me is the fact that I don't think for a second we can assume that the authorities/police/army would be on our side in the serious unrest that I am convinced is on it's way sooner rather than later.

I think it will only take one more 7/7 or Lee Rigby for things to really kick off and it breaks my heart that all of what is to come could have been avoided. It's easy to blame Blair...and he certainly can take some of the responsibility...but the root of the problems go back much further. Remember the fatwa on Salmon Rushdie during the 80's, and muslims burning his books in Bradford on the evening news? It was laughable then,, but we're not laughing now.
Rigsby

Postby Yessica » 21 Jun 2014, 06:07

Rigsby wrote:Germany is at least on a par, or not far behind.

I wonder where in Germany you went. Muslims are currently three to five percent of the population and ten years ago ten percent of the new borns were born into a Muslim marriage, less than one percent in eastern Germany outside of Berlin. It might be a bit more today. Certainly not all Muslim are religious fanatics. Some I know do not een believe in God and are Muslims in name only.

I see no reason for fears of doom now. There is just three things that should be done: 1) halt immigration from Muslim countries (including halting immigration trough the back door via picture brides arriving through "right to family life" - putting a halt to forced marriages also would be a worth while humanitarian goal).
2) make it a bit easier for middle class people, very few of whom are Muslim, to have children and making it a bit harder for those on welfare to add children. Muslims in Germany currently have a birth rate of 1.9. - which is not that high and non-muslim Germans could easily "beat that" if they weren't to busy paying taxes and if they weren' t told in schools overpopulations is one of the biggest problems on this planet.
3) make it a bit harder for Muslim fanatics to teach their children their ways are the only right ones, discuss Islam more open in schools, discuss how the Islamic world is lagging behind the Western world and, no, it is our fault

Rigsby wrote:Diversity training twice a year, etc. As a white, working class heterosexual male, I literally was at the bottom of the pile.

Why do you think it is better to be middle class (or upper class) when it comes to diversity training?
Yessica

Postby Rigsby » 21 Jun 2014, 09:03

2) make it a bit easier for middle class people, very few of whom are Muslim, to have children and making it a bit harder for those on welfare to add children. Muslims in Germany currently have a birth rate of 1.9. - which is not that high and non-muslim Germans could easily "beat that" if they weren't to busy paying taxes and if they weren' t told in schools overpopulations is one of the biggest problems on this planet.

Very much this. Not sure I would identify myself as middle class but when my daughter was born 3 years ago I guess you could call me and her mother 'professionals'. We found ourselves in a strange position where we couldn't get by on just my salary so we both had to work. That being the case, we had to put our daughter into a nursery, which we hated and which effectively took the greater part of one of our salaries. Because we both worked, the monthly cost of the nursery was nearly £900. A lot of money. The middle classes are squeezed to the pips and it's only the very rich or very poor that can afford to have children in the UK. If you are anywhere in the middle you are screwed, excuse my language.

I have digressed. My apologies:)
Rigsby

PreviousNext

Return to Multiculturalism & Immigration