Multiculturalism

Islam is, for now, included under this topic

Multiculturalism

Postby Gavin » 11 May 2012, 21:25

We have mentioned this, of course, a great deal on the forum. There are very interesting posts in various threads, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to have a single thread about multiculturalism here too. Not so much the spread of Islam, which has its own thread (or two) but general multiculturalism more generally. MC is a strain of political correctness of course, but a specific one.

What better place to start than with this fine video, which I cannot believe I have not yet posted, of Mr Mark Steyn. In his own inimitable way he describes what it is like trying to argue with a mutliculturalist (and here I will also link to Elliott's excellent article on the underhand methods Leftists typically employ in arguments). Mr Steyn:

I suppose he has a slightly blunt and overbearing manner which can put some people off, but he is also pretty funny, and I think, and more to the point, he's right. Perhaps a little bluntness is what is needed against some of these liberals.

Dalrymple wrote a positive review of Mr Steyn's latest book back in November.
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Multiculturalism

Postby Elliott » 12 May 2012, 02:11

Well I'll just dive right in and say that I think multiculturalism is a joke. It's a sick joke, played on societies that have no defence against it.

Why is there no defence? Because, like feminism, gay rights, anti-racism and welfare statism, multiculturalism cannot be argued against without casting oneself into the role of villain. To say that one is against it is to leave oneself open to the accusation that one is simply against other cultures, full stop.

Another straw man that lefties use is to say that, if you're against multiculturalism, you must be for something called "monoculturalism". This is one of those insults which go eternally unaddressed, because nobody actually knows what "monoculturalism" is, except that it sounds really bad and fascistic - which is all it's intended to do. Monoculturalism, in the nasty sense that is implied by the word, would only ever happen in a totalitarian state like North Korea. Anywhere else, all "monoculturalism" amounts to is what most people secretly want: peace, calm, and certainty that the next-door neighbours celebrate the same things you do. That is the very basis for a successful community and contented people, and it is precisely what is attacked by multiculturalism. To do away with it, is to sign a long-term societal death warrant.

I think that, as we have said elsewhere on the forum, it is significant that multiculturalism was dreamed up for one (or both) of two reasons*:

1. the West had lost faith in its own culture (the Somme, Auschwitz, the atom bomb)
2. after loads of immigrants had arrived and the inevitable ethnic clashes occurred, Western governments assumed the way to appease them was to allow/encourage them to retain their own ancestral cultures instead of integrating

So it was either a sop to backward peoples, or a suicidal gesture, or both. We should bear those "origin stories" in mind when people try to tell us that multiculturalism is a good thing. It can only be good in the sense that a gun to the head is good when you've got the flu.

(I acknowledge that, in certain countries, such as Holland, multiculturalism was adopted for a different reason: the assumption that the immigrants would eventually return to their homelands and therefore it was sensible for them not to integrate in the meantime.)

There is a third reason why multiculturalism may have been adopted, and it is perhaps the most sinister of all. I will write about the British example though no doubt there will be analogues in other countries...

In 1948, the British state was rapidly taking on huge new roles for itself, extending its reach into the intricacies of daily life and expanding its role in the national culture. At this time, there seems to have been immense optimism about the power of the state (note: the NHS, comprehensive education, welfare, New Towns, etc.). I suspect that, to the architects of such a dream, the ultimate proof of the state's power would be its ability to absorb people from wholly different cultures and, whether or not they integrated, to keep all these different groups from killing each other. It would have seemed a huge task, and therefore a crowning glory for the 20th century state.

We can see that, 60 years later, a large portion of the state's activities are direct consequences of multiculturalism. Just look at the recent Muslim paedophile gang crimes, and the more general jihadist threat, and the failure of West Indians etc. to lead successful lives in Britain, and the huge numbers of black youths creating employment for social workers, teaching support workers, police, diversity workers, equality quangos, and, of course, medics. In short, the state is deriving a large part of its reason for existing from multiculturalism.

Now, if we assume that those first proponents of mass immigration knew that the immigrants wouldn't integrate, it makes even more sense for them to advocate mass immigration, because that would greatly increase the need for the state which so enamored large parts of the British intelligentsia at that time (and still does now, of course).

The long and the short of it is that multiculturalism is, like welfare, a surefire way to make people need the state, because it engenders umpteen different kinds of resentment, antipathy and mistrust and makes everyone needy of a kind of "impartial referee". For anyone wishing to bring about a statist future, you could do no better than to throw huge numbers of people together who have no reason to bond with each other.

Aside from the causes, I think that multiculturalism cannot ever work, because of the very nature of culture. A culture recommends itself not as a possible solution, or one of many solutions, but as the solution. As a result, nobody wants their culture to be "second-best" or "third-best": they want it to be on top. While there are no doubt examples in world history that go against the grain, I think the general story of two cultures living side-by-side is that each one is always waiting for its chance to subordinate the other.

When you have not two, but a dozen different cultures existing in the same space, things are more complicated. Two or three cultures may team up for reasons of expediency against a common aggressor, putting aside their differences. Or, they may all fight each other separately like mad hounds.

One way or another, it's not going to be pretty.

I think that, ultimately, we will probably revert to the situation that existed before the multiculturalism dream began: separation by continent. It's the only way to be sure. But I don't know what the new distribution will be. It could be that Europe becomes basically Islamic, with whites and Christians decamping to the New World. But perhaps that is a question for another thread.
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 12 May 2012, 13:54

That's a comprehensive analysis of MC, Elliott (and yes, that's a discussion for the Endgame thread, I guess.)

I think it has already proven to be the most disastrous social policy in recent history and does stem from the motives you describe. It's the kind of thing that, because of accusations of racism etc. etc., it has been very hard for any individual or government to do anything about - although none seem to have wanted to so far anyway. Indeed they have been complicit in it. But I think the tide is turning now. It has certainly happened privately, almost fully now, I think. Just look at the Telegraph (and even the Guardian) comments. Look at when people "mis-speak" or when you raise this topic with strangers. Most people agree.

From here it is only a matter of time before things break at the seams and then people start to mis-speak more often, I think. Then we will start to hear of criticism of MC in the media, which will be a step in the right direction. It's just starting to get that way now, and I very much hope this continues, because MC is an extremely naive and destructive ideology.

I think the causes of MC are, as you say, a guilt after the Empire and our success in World War II. Also a fear of being associated in any way with our enemy Hitler's racial policies. We over-compensated and instead invited all of these other cultures into our country without asking that they should conform to our way of life or even show any loyalty to the UK. This has spelt disaster, particularly in the form of Islam. A lot of people lay the blame for all this quite firmly at the door of Hitler actually, the argument being also that if we had not lost so many men and suffered so much structural damage during the war years then we would not have been inclined to import so many people from the third world to work in our country.

It makes me sad to see old footage of the 50s now, a country with one way of life, a certain identity, a trust. It looks a good deal more "vibrant" to me. I have read several comments on The Telegraph from people who said they served in the forces in their youth to keep this country safe but would not have done so if they had known what would be done to it in the future. Furthermore, as you say, MC has been, and continues to be, colossally costly to the UK both financially and in terms of crime, with the benefits being, as far as I can tell, nil.

Multicultis often level the accusation against monoculturalists that they are "racist", "closed-minded" or xenophobic. Oh yes, Islamophobic too - I nearly forgot that one. But of course it is not that they (we) do not appreciate other cultures - on the contrary we sometimes do (but not blindly), and we want them to remain distinct. We also simply realise that they are incompatible with ours. Where there are substantially different cultures there will eventually be calls for different laws, and as you say, each will think it is right, and want to run things. This is obvious, and it is why MC doesn't work. It would cause friction even if the incoming culture were a superior one, but when it is a backward one, and the host bends over backward to accomodate it, then there isn't just friction but seething anger among the indigenous people and societal decay.

As I say, I think this is becoming undeniable now. In the private sector things are still at the point where people can lose their job if they express their opinion publicly, but we will see whether this begins to change. Hopefully it will as anonymous discussion becomes a larger and larger elephant in the room. In the public sector it would be nice to see the government starting to show some leadership by ceasing translating benefits leaflets into every language under the sun and by sacking all the "equality" and "diversity" workers.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Damo » 13 May 2012, 14:04

youths creating employment for social workers, teaching support workers, police, diversity workers, equality quangos, and, of course, medics. In short, the state is deriving a large part of its reason for existing from multiculturalism

In my own country - Ireland, poverty is a multi-billion euro industry. We have so many quangos that no one seems to know the exact number. Another thing I also noticed, is the excuses(disorders) been made up for people who do wrong or fall to the wayside.

The poor are a goldmine - Thomas Sowell.
Damo

Postby Michael » 14 May 2012, 14:59

I'd be curious for the forums thoughts on what relation the decline of Christianity in Europe and Britain has to multiculturalism. Is it effect, cause, or a mere correlation? Did the retreat of Christianity leave a vacuum for multiculturalism and other elements of the progressive "substitute religions" to fill? Was it an active element in marginalizing religious life?

I think that Christianity, as a societal force, has been in retreat in the West since the Protestant Reformation. The increasing separation between the powers of the church and the powers of the state, with the growth of the latter at the expense of the former, started a trend which has come to almost full fruition in our own time. Still, through this period, Christianity maintained its organizing and culture-shaping influence - the morals of society were Christian taught, and the tenor of society was Christian, even though many within it were nonbelievers. The moral understanding of society was Christian in character.*

Nietzsche, for whom I otherwise do not have great respect, had an excellent observation about the moral rectitude of the English freethinkers like John Stuart Mill and George Eliot. He observed that their morals were parasitic upon a still vital religious cultural inheritance. He asked, partly in mockery, partly in fear, what would become of such characters in a completely de-Christianized world.

*Morals and revealed religion are separate (see Plato's brilliant dialogue, Euthyphro, where the question is asked whether an act is right because the gods love it, or whether the gods love it because it is right) but whether morals can gain traction in society without promises of religious rewards and sanctions is another issue. I tend towards the pessimistic conclusion that, for the majority, they need the carrot and stick promises of revealed religion to remain moral in interactions outside their group. That is, that a person can be relied upon to be morally upstanding with their kin, but not so when they have to deal with other, non-kin, groups.
Michael

Postby Elliott » 14 May 2012, 21:49

Michael, I think Christianity had been on the decline in Britain for a good century before 1948. (The whole Victorian era, with its industrial and scientific progress and sprawling urban centres, may well have distanced people from the quiet, predictable and parochial life of the village with its church.)

But I don't want to neglect your point. The relationship between the West's decline and that of Christianity is a very complex one. If the only way the West can be successful is with Christianity, then we're in trouble because I don't think you could get people nowadays to believe in it.

And yet, the lack of religion clearly does leave a vacuum. I noticed at art college that people would experiment with subcultures, clearly looking for an identity, something to call their own (and themselves). What is the whole goth/emo thing about if not the search for identity?

Then there are people who dabble in stuff like spiritualism etc. - looking for something to believe in. It is very telling, when you ask someone if they believe in God, and they reply "well, I don't know, I definitely believe in something". This seems more like a statement of intent, as if they're saying "well, when I go to the shops I'm definitely going to buy something" but they just haven't decided what yet - but they know they must eat.

Whether the decline of Christianity made the West more vulnerable to self-doubt, I don't know. I think it is more likely that the West was collectively, in general, heading in that direction anyway. There's only so long you can stay at the top before you begin to wonder what it's like down at the bottom, and that morbid curiosity is more than enough to destroy an individual, and perhaps a society too. In any case, I think the experiences of World War I and II would probably have made the West's self-destruction inevitable.

I think we should also bear in mind the possibility that the West's multicultural "experiment" had nothing to do with self-doubt, and was just a pragmatic response to mass immigration that hadn't worked out as expected. But again, I don't think that is very likely. If it is true, then it's a remarkable coincidence that the feminist/Marxist/relativism trend which had been developing for decades was there on cue to "plug in" to multiculturalism.

Some related links that I've recently come across...

An American woman living in Europe, Claire Berlinski, gave this radio interview in 2006. It's quite remarkable how much of what she says chimes with the consensus on this forum.

Mark Steyn has a pretty interesting article on multiculturalism in the National Review.

The trouble with Steyn, and almost all discussions on multiculturalism, is that the subject invariably drifts to Islam and away from the general concept of multiculturalism. I think this is because people feel they can "get away with" moaning about Islam - it's not a race, and it is a tangible threat to Western society. But I think that, ideally, the two subjects should be discussed separately. Islam is its own issue, and only by keeping it away from MC do we ensure that MC gets the drubbing it, specifically, deserves.

Also, by coincidence a book came into my (charity) shop today, Multicultural Education, written in 1990. Should be interesting...
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 15 May 2012, 11:56

Elliott, thanks - I listened to that radio interview. Very interesting and quite strange to listen to, as it was both so normal and yet so much what one would never ever hear on the likes of the BBC.

I thought Claire Berlinski was quite right on most things and made many very sound points, but I was surprised when she said the Qur'an could be reconciled with democracy. I don't really see how that could happen.

The Americans seemed there to have a very clear insight on what is going on in Europe - on Islam, the EU and on "Americaphobia" (have a coined a new word? I hope so), as commonly practiced by liberals. I am not sure how widespread this understanding is in the USA, as a lot of Americans seem to think it is all Hugh Grant and Notting Hill here, but those people certainly took the temperature of Europe very well. As Ms Berlinski said, it is about where we are going. It is irrelevant if "some areas are still nice" etc., when it is the general zeitgeist that is under discussion.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 17 May 2012, 20:03

I wonder if anyone remembers Mr Cameron making this comment over a year ago. If I'm not mistaken he has done nothing whatsoever policy-wise since saying this.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 18 May 2012, 09:26

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 18 May 2012, 14:15

I hate to say it, but our ethnic minorities do seem to commit a lot of crime - and crime of rather nasty types, as well. Every day there's a new story about Muslims doing this, black people doing that.

Some people say "well if you invite Third World people over, you should expect them to bring Third World ways", and I am increasingly inclined to believe that is true.
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 18 May 2012, 15:21

The thing is, we cannot really tell how much crime is committed by our ethnic communities. It seems like a lot, but it is probably much more, because police are fearful of being accused of racism if they investigate - as in the recent Rochdale gang rape crimes. This finally did go investigated, but not before an estimated 50 victims had been passed around by the gang for more than four years.

On this particular case (the Rochdale pedophile gang) I really do not think it can be said often enough what an outcry there would have been, had these been young "Asian" or Muslim girls who had been systematically abused by white men. There would have been a full blown inquiry and an examination of "institutional racism" in the white community, which would only just now be geting underway, but since it is the other way around, there seems to be a cover up of the police cover up, and the story is quietly leaving the news.

Now, I know Islam is the religion of peace, but one of the rapists in that case was a religious studies teacher at a mosque. Another was an Afghan asylum seeker. He won't be deported. These crimes were so obviously racist (also religious hate crimes) that even the judge said:

"All of you treated your victims as though they were worthless and beyond any respect – they were not part of your community or religion."

As for the human trafficking story, broken today, this just seems to be more of the same kind of thing. The authorities must be made to feel fearless about probing into these communities, questioning them, checking these kinds of barbaric practices are not going on, because there is every impression that they consider themselves (perhaps rightly) to be immune from the law currently.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 18 May 2012, 16:58

Gavin, I agree that the "problem" of crime amongst our ethnic minorities may be much greater than we know of, because the MSM turn a blind eye to it and the police (hitherto) refuse to act on it.

I think the most astonishing example is the story of Charlene Downes. It is shocking almost beyond belief. MSM coverage is scarce so full details can only be found (AFAIK) from the BNP, sadly. The key points are: a 14 year-old girl went missing one day in 2003 and has never been seen since. She was known to consort with Asian men - including giving fellatio in return for takeaway chips - and police are "certain" that two Muslim men murdered her and turned her body into kebab meat which was then sold to the public, leaving no trace of her. Thanks to a botched trial, the two men were acquitted and later sued the police for £250,000 each.

This Guardian article goes to excruciating lengths to ensure its readers do not understand that the crime was committed by Muslims. On the contrary, the problem is painted as a universal one, involving nondescript "men". We are told that "Blackpool has a terrible secret: shockingly high levels of child sex abuse" and that "[the issue] was completely swept under the carpet", then the article goes on to do exactly that. There is not a single mention of "Asian", "Muslim", "Islam", "ethnic", "foreign", "Pakistani", "multicultural", "immigrant", "social cohesion" etc. The nearest it gets is one use of the phrase "migrant communities".

The Guardian, even in an article that includes an interview with the victim's mother, steers well clear of saying what is obviously true: that this hideous crime was committed by Muslims against a native white British child, and that, were it not for mass immigration (and the multiculturalist appeasement of backward peoples), that child would still be alive today.

But it gets worse. If you've read that BNP link (and again, I am sorry that this information can only be conveyed via links to the BNP), you'll have seen that Charlene Downes' brother Robert was arrested for punching Mohamed Reveshi, one of the men whom police are certain killed her. He was fined £85. Reveshi tried to sue for damages but was unsuccessful. Later, Robert Downes and a friend were punched by a doorman who was a known associate of Reveshi. The police then turned up at Robert's house, refused to do anything about the bouncer (who apparently had worn some kind of knuckle duster when he punched the two men), but actually "threaten[ed] the family against repercussions", including telling Charlene's mother to "shut up".

What other words are there for this? Shocking.
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 18 May 2012, 18:13

Yes, that truly is a heinous case, Elliott, like something out of a horror film. Forgotten by the media now though, while we still hear about the Stephen Lawrence murder and that Mrs Lawrence is pushing for the reopening of the case. There is obvious bias in the reporting and apparently in the investigating too.

In the case of the Pakistani child rapists, even the chief executive of the "Ramadhan Foundation" admitted that of 68 recent convictions involving child sexual exploitation, 59 were of British Pakistani men and it was a significant problem for the British Pakistani community - but this is something only he can say and it is generally disallowed for our media, and even less our government, to say this.

Speaking of foundations like that, I just wonder how much taxpayer money goes straight to them now in an effort to "build bridges" etc. as Labour used to do. The "vibrancy" has cost us millions in diversity training, cross-cultural awareness (one way, of course) and so on.

Another horrific case multiculturalism brought us, aside from the most recent child "demon posession" murders, was of course that of Victoria Climbié, who was from the Ivory Coast. After she died from her sickening injuries, it was discovered that almost all involved in her case had been black and the QC counsel to the inquiry said that fear of being accused of racism may have led to the inaction against them. That's quite strong coming from a QC, as the public statement of truth regarding such matters may cause a person to lose their job in the UK.

I used to live in Haringey, that notorious borough, in about 1998. It is a largely Turkish area, high in crime. On one occasion I was shoved to the ground by an asylum seeker (apparently) who was insulted that I did not (for once) step off the pavement and into the gutter so that he could "own the pavement". Shortly after this my brother and I had to move from the area because the two foreign people in the flat below played drum and bass music loudly every day shortly after returning home, and I was working nights. Not to bore you too much with this, but we had the famed council round, and they wrote to our neighbours. This resulted in a torrent of abuse being unleashed along with violent banging on our door. At that point we decided it might be an idea to move and notified our (Greek) landlord. We didn't leave a forwarding address.

I should add that this incident is not what motivated my concern about cases like this - I am, and was, concerned about them anyway - but when I reflect I can see that I have actually experienced the multicultural decay of UK first hand quite a number of times. Not uncommon for anyone living in more enriched areas of our country now, I dare say.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 18 May 2012, 20:00

Before I begin, just look at the comments in this Telegraph article. I think the heat is definitely rising. Just a year ago I don't think there would have been so many vitriolic posts, so many people convinced that Britain is under threat.

Gavin wrote:Yes, that truly is a heinous case, Elliott, like something out of a horror film. Forgotten by the media now though, while we still hear about the Stephen Lawrence murder and that Mrs Lawrence is pushing for the reopening of the case. There is obvious bias in the reporting and apparently in the investigating too.

I am now convinced that the Stephen Lawrence case is being used as a pillow to hit the British people over the head with. I can accept that the police bungled the original investigation, but they bungle many and we never about those. Furthermore, Lawrence's murder was no more shocking or tragic than that of any young man who is killed for no reason by a stranger. I think it was a terrible thing, but I don't think there was anything "special" about it which makes it any more news-worthy. The only thing is that it was a white-on-black murder, and the British intelligentsia just love the opportunity it therefore presents them with to despise their own race. The Lawrence case just seems to keep being dredged up, always used as definitive proof that "Britain is racist", even though it happened 20 years ago during which time there has been huge social (and demographic) change. Frankly I just wish they would let it go. There are many more murders that deserve press attention. It's disgusting that the BBC actually hesitated to report the torture and murder of Kriss Donald by 5 Muslim men, for example.

Speaking of foundations like that, I just wonder how much taxpayer money goes straight to them now in an effort to "build bridges" etc. as Labour used to do. The "vibrancy" has cost us millions in diversity training, cross-cultural awareness (one way, of course) and so on.

Absolutely. You'd think that if something is so good and healthy for us, it wouldn't need constant millions pumped into it to keep it going.

And as you say, the tolerance is very much a one-way thing. I have been dipping into that book I mentioned before, Multicultural Education (1990) and it is fascinating how the author assumes that any racism will be whites against everyone else, and that, therefore, only the whites need to be brain-washed. Of course this was in 1990 when such stuff could be written quite un-self-consciously.

I have long believed that political correctness is a manifestation of self-mistrust. When liberals are allowed to write un-self-consciously, what they demonstrate is mistrust of their own kind, their own people, their own country, their own race. Indeed it is only when they are restrained that they pay lip-service to the idea that their culture isn't all bad - leave them to their own devices and they would, I am sure, write endless screeds about how awful the West is and how anything non-Western is innocent, lovely, enlightening, enriching, etc.

Another thing the author (Pete Farrell) assumes is that children from other cultures will, simply by dint of coming from other cultures, have an enriching effect on the white children around them. This demonstrates an almost autistic view of people as different-coloured units. A green unit, being green, will automatically have a different outlook to a purple unit. Yet, suggest that the different outlook will be un-enriching or dull or backward or inferior, and suddenly you are accused of racism and pigeon-holing, and denying "the truth" that everybody, regardless of colour, is totally interchangeable and that DNA counts for nothing and all cultures are equal. You really can't win with a multiculturalist unless you just agree with everything they say, however self-contradicting it may be!

Another horrific case multiculturalism brought us, aside from the most recent child "demon posession" murders, was of course that of Victoria Climbié, who was from the Ivory Coast. After she died from her sickening injuries, it was discovered that almost all involved in her case had been black and the QC counsel to the inquiry said that fear of being accused of racism may have led to the inaction against them.

I've just read that Wikipedia page in full and it is actually hard to keep up with all the mistakes and incompetencies (sic?) that it lists.

I used to live in Haringey, that notorious borough, in about 1998.... Not to bore you too much with this

Well Gavin, speaking personally, I don't find your experience boring at all. I very much enjoy reading other people's experiences of multiculturalism, or anything that they consider evidence of the virtues of conservatism (hence why I started this thread) so if you'd like to talk about your other experiences of Britain's "multicultural decay", I for one would like to read them.
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 18 May 2012, 21:30

I had not yet seen that Telegraph article. The author (a Europhile, I note) seems to celebrate the prospect of which he writes, but is corrected by Paul Weston, just a few comments in (when ranked by "best rated").

I agree, we would not have seen comments like that only a few years ago, and certainly not as "best rated". Things should be getting better, according to multiculturalist theory. Everybody integrating better, black people and Muslim people achieving highly, second and third generations desiring to mix with the indigenous people. No higher amount of crime (or different kinds of crime) noted among ethnic minorities (soon to be majorities in cities) than among indigenous people. The only trouble is it certainly has not worked out like that. People who certainly would not consider themselves racist only need to use their eyes, and simply live in an enriched area, to see that there is no integration. People like to stick to their own kind.

I wonder sometimes whether, if the liberals could wind the clock back, they would, or whether they still think it's all going to work out. I suppose some do, some don't. I think as things go more and more wrong, what we will see is those who previously sang the praises of multiculturalism slowly change their tune. For example, radio and TV presenters, journalists and politicians. Some of these will gradually depart from those views, hoping nobody remembers that they actually held them. This because the reality of matters will be simply undeniable. We must remember they did hold them.

However, when the tide does turn further I think it will be of great importance not to shift too far to the right. Responsible conservatives will be clear and say: we are not against other cultures existing in their own countries, we are not expansionist, we are not in any sense wishing to be cruel, but we are going to save our own culture (and, indeed, our economy).

Regarding the book you are reading, when you think of what children are taught in schools now, it is a bit like them "escaping from the Matrix" when they realise how biased this is, don't you think? Very hard to penetrate the conditioning they have undergone, but it can sometimes be done. It is no wonder teenagers are so liberal when one considers the education system. They are essentially taught "brown is good, white is bad", and they believe it.

I can actually remember this happening to me at about age 14 - even in the mid 80s. We were sat down in front of a video about a famine-stricken African nation. I could see that the parents were having far more children then they could possibly manage. I thought to myself why are they having so many children - they're just are dying. Either the narrator or the teacher explained that the Africans needed to have approximately 8 children, as some would die. Now, of course, I take this with a pinch of salt. Maybe they just don't care, don't think. Maybe if they had only one or two then they would be able to plough more resources into keeping them alive, and if they died, then think about having more. Well, that's just one actual concrete example from memory. I also remember our left wing economics teacher - actually I can see now that all the teachers were left wing.

I hope sites like this (and indeed their own eyes) can help free people from that conditioning.
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Multiculturalism & Immigration