Reports from London

Islam is, for now, included under this topic

Re: Reports from London

Postby Nathan » 17 Aug 2014, 12:17

The same woman who thinks there are too many white people in her neighbourhood is now calling the Liberal Democrats racist because they will not support her candidacy for the party's presidency because she is black. That, and also her criminal record and lack of experience.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... ntial-race
Nathan

Postby Rigsby » 17 Aug 2014, 18:07

I saw this earlier. At the risk of sounding glib, I think she was hoping to play the 'Lawrence gambit'. She has no experience of working in local government and a criminal record. But no, it's not that - it's 'underhand racism' and 'neanderthal' views on diversity.

By this rationale, and by dint of the fact that I will instinctively disagree with everything she will have to say, I am now a neanderthal.

I also saw earlier this week the same lady bemoaning the influx of white people into the land of milk and honey that is Tottenham and she got absolutely destroyed in the comments.

It is depressing that it is even plausible that such a person could even be entertained as a prospect for local government.
Rigsby

Postby Nathan » 17 Aug 2014, 19:18

She had another article complaining about whites moving into a neighbourhood built by whites and which was once all white? Which paper was that in?

Re. Tottenham, I remember when I lived in London I went on an organised bike ride which had a Japanese man who'd very recently arrived in the country. We started off in Highgate where he lived, all very affluent and large majority white, then Muswell Hill, another very white and middle-class area, and then down towards Tottenham, where we saw old mattresses abandoned in the street, loads of rubbish, ethnic shops everywhere, a group of West Indians having a loud argument in public and hardly a white face to be seen - I deliberately kept an eye on his facial expressions and he clearly couldn't believe what he was seeing!
Nathan

Postby Rigsby » 17 Aug 2014, 20:52

Nathan,
I think you're referring to the same story I was. Sure it was in the tele - can't find it now.
Rigsby

Postby Paul » 03 Sep 2014, 20:43

My brother has been working on construction contracts in London recently.

About two weeks ago, on a Friday at about 11pm, I sent him a text message to ask if he was awake and amenable to a phone call. He returned a message to say he was on Kensington High Street, awaiting deliveries of supplies (two forty foot trucks), which he had to sign for and direct the unloading thereof. Once done, he could begin the (onerous) journey home to the North West and he would telephone me once out of the city.

Around 1am he did telephone me. He described how, shortly after our message exchange, a small van had pulled up and parked in the loading bay (or the roadway) in the spot reserved for these trucks due to arrive.

I'm not familiar with Kensington High Street but I presume it's not the kind of place where one can simply park at the kerbside, freely and unrestricted.

My brother approached the van to ask how long he intended parking there. Before he got to the vehicle, the door opened and a 'foreign' man alighted, placed a mat on the pavement and began praying!
Paul

Postby Gavin » 08 Oct 2014, 08:29

This could go in many threads. The enrichment that has been imposed upon the UK is now so obvious and undeniable that we are even seeing the BBC report on it sometimes - albeit very belatedly.

One cultural idiocy that has been imported from Africa is a belief in witchcraft, which is usually accompanied by "horrific" child abuse. Much of this is covered up in the same way that the Pakistani Muslim mass rape and torture of native English schoolgirls was was covered up, for fear of offending immigrants. Africans have been swinging children around by their feet, dunking them, hitting them, and making them drink toxic liquids because of their superstitious beliefs.

The government might even prosecute a few of the perpetrators and will be spending a lot of taxpayers' money on educational videos to explain to them that this behaviour is not acceptable here. That will be done with great sensitivity, no doubt.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » 20 Oct 2014, 11:28

A man accused of decapitating his wife in their west London home has denied killing her.

Naveed Ahmed, 41, is charged with murdering mother-of-two Tahira Ahmed, 38, in Merton Avenue, Northolt, on May 27.

I don't even remember this one! What is it with these people and a love of cutting other people's heads off?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29688460
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 20 Oct 2014, 12:58

I suppose if you're going to kill someone this is the way a "good Muslim" would do it, since it is an imitation of the behaviour of Mohammed.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Andy JS » 07 Sep 2016, 18:20

(Apologies for going slightly off topic).

Air China is in trouble for giving the following advice to people visiting London:

"London is generally a safe place to travel, however precautions are needed when entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black people. We advise tourists not to go out alone at night, and females always to be accompanied by another person when travelling."
Andy JS

Previous

Return to Multiculturalism & Immigration