Reports from London

Islam is, for now, included under this topic

Re: Reports from London

Postby Gavin » 25 Feb 2013, 21:56

I've written about the way that one often fears looking at people "the wrong way" for even a fraction of a second in London. Especially people from other countries. Many seem to be very angry and have a chip on their shoulder. One man from Nigeria took to punching women to the ground, rendering them unconscious, because they had "looked at him the wrong way". I post this as an example of the street level "vibe" I have previously described.

I suppose your average liberal finds themselves in a quandary over this one: the man was black, so prejudiced against, but the victim was a woman, so innocent. Of course, in this case the woman was innocent, even if she did look at the man in a superior manner (something not at all uncommon). If this man was "originally from Nigeria" (or anywhere else) I would have deported him straight back there for this crime, but then I'm a little bit stricter than UK judges are allowed (or probably want) to be.

This man was jailed for four years for the assaults. For some weird reason he was let off further charges over cannabis possession. Don't ask me why.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » 25 Feb 2013, 22:57

One personal report from London from the other day: coming home from work in the evening my bus got caught in traffic, and behind me was this black man speaking into his mobile phone in some stereotypically African-sounding language. He was speaking twice as loud as was polite or necessary and it was a fairly ugly language so as he went on talking for some time and the bus showed no sign of going anywhere quickly I got increasingly annoyed. I turned to face a white woman in the seat opposite with an expression that suggested "are you thinking what I'm thinking?", and by her recognition exasperated look I guess that she was.

I'm sure most people would have been annoyed in the circumstances, but I wouldn't have dared to communicate my annoyance in the same way to anybody who I didn't perceive as being 'one of us' firstly because I couldn't rely on them to interpret my body language the same way a British person would but secondly because I didn't want to run the risk of an irate "What, you mean you don't like black people in your precious country?! Are you a racist or something?!" scene.

Incidentally, whenever I'm out in London and come across an old white Londoner who looks completely incongruous in his/her surroundings I always make the effort to look friendly and happy, and if the situation allows try to chat with them - which in my experience they genuinely do appreciate. I do wonder why some of them didn't get out while they had the chance (assuming of course they aren't actually happy with what's been allowed to happen to their city and never wanted to leave) but it can't be easy for what's left of the WW2 generation having been abandoned.
Nathan

Postby Nathan » 28 Apr 2013, 22:35

I spent this past weekend away, and on coming back to London earlier this evening and walking the 12-15 minutes from the tube station to my house I heard the voices of nine different people, eight of whom were speaking in a language other than English. I also passed a poster saying "If the Border Agency stop you in the streets, know your rights...!" and other posters advertising events which I and my kind are clearly not supposed to attend, since they were written entirely in Turkish. More than enough to send me back into Angry Mode, I'm afraid.
Nathan

Postby Elliott » 28 Apr 2013, 23:29

I'm sorry, Nathan.
Elliott

Postby Nathan » 15 May 2013, 21:05

Nathan

Postby Gavin » 25 May 2013, 20:47

Well, London looked much the same today - by which I mean it seemed to be 95% foreigners. This included burka wearing women. What a barrier to any integration that garment is.

IMAG2022.jpg

The ethnic minority can be seen on the right.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 12 Aug 2013, 10:29

I was just in London again yesterday and I could not believe how many Muslims I saw. It was far more than when I was last there. I was not in the East End so it was mainly the wealthier Muslims who I saw (oil wealth, doubtless). I was in the Queensway area, just yards from Kensington Palace, and it was frankly like being in another country.

Massive "HALAL" signs, dozens of Turkish and Lebanese places etc. etc. Loads of Muslim women walking about, all in Muslim garb, many in the full black body burqa with only a slit for the eyes.

Then on the tube I saw sights like young Muslim women with lots of make-up on but also with those hand tattoos (henna tattoos maybe) which go all over their hands and up their arms and with the Islamic garb. They have this strange (and I think entirely contradictory) combination going on of modern technology - they have their iPhones - and superstitious backwardness (the iPhone has an Islamic case).

The sheer amount of Muslims was incredible. Many with big cars just parked on double yellow lines - Muslim woman with sunglasses waiting for man returning from doing business with another Muslim.

That's the thing - the thing about which our leaders dare not talk: I see very little evidence of any real social integration. There is none. Well, there's not going to be any when we are regarded as the kuffar - we know what Allah instructs about us! London is splitting apart.

It is so expensive now, too. Living comfortably in London has become possible only for tourists who can afford to come here, the richest of the rich in the UK, and rich foreigners (most obviously oil-rich Muslims). It's just bizarre and it does feel like our capital city is being taken from us. It's not just "a few interesting areas" any more. It's losing or has lost its Britishness so it is totally fragmenting socially.

Something has to be done about it. They have to ban these face coverings, make things more awkward for Islam. Insist on English being spoken. And both we and America need power independence from Russia and the Islamic countries, in my view. Keep going with the nuclear, whatever it takes. Or would we then elicit their resentment for having the cheek to withdraw our commerce and prevent their continued purchase and colonisation of our capital? Well, I think we've always got their resentment anyway, no matter what we do, so it wouldn't matter.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 12 Aug 2013, 18:05

I haven't been to London since June 2007 and it was bad then. I can only imagine what it is like six years on from reports like this one.

For some reason I was thinking about this issue last night, in the form of this question: if we lost London, what would be our new capital city? Manchester seems to be nearly as bad, Birmingham possibly worse. That leaves candidates like Newcastle and Liverpool - those bland Northern cities which got a lot of regeneration in the 1990s and 2000s but have nothing much to recommend them architecturally, certainly not the nation-defining and centuries-old landmarks of London. Either way it is a very strange thought that London might one day - fairly soon - not be part of England.

What can be done about it? Explore alternative sources of energy - nuclear, fracking, thorium, etc. - and implement mass deportation.
Elliott

Postby martinm2 » 13 Aug 2013, 18:06

[In reference to the OP...] I use a similar technique when talking about the 'changes' to our society. I start gently and quietly, mentioning the figures for immigration and how the population is being gradually replaced (London, Birmingham, Manchester etc). then I mumble on a bit more. If the person I am talking to is white and over say 45, they eventually explode in anger, saying "it should not have been allowed to happen!!".. and things like that. I have mentioned this reaction to the local MP when we were discussing the effects of mass immigration into England and the replacement of the population by foreigners. Strangely I have not met a single person who would have voted for this if they had been allowed to vote on the subject, yet this is precisely what has happened. Of all the things I talk to people about , this one is paramount and the sheer anger people have is astounding. I find it very sad that all discussion on the subject is considered immoral, why is that?
martinm2

Postby Elliott » 13 Aug 2013, 18:24

Martin, welcome to the forum, and have a look at this post, especially the penultimate paragraph.
Elliott

Postby Elliott » 23 Aug 2013, 02:44

Just a "personal" note...

I am currently working my way through the boxset of Upstairs, Downstairs, a period drama set in London's Belgravia between 1903 and 1930. Looking at Andy JS's spreadsheet, it is simply staggering to see that, just 80 years after the period which that programme examines, the elite area of Belgravia would be only 36.7% White British. That is even lower than in London as a whole (45%). For an area to go from the crowning glory of a world-ruling people, to only having 36.7% of that people living in it, in the space of 80 years... it just beggars belief.
Elliott

Postby Nathan » 22 Dec 2013, 14:40

I think the statistics speak for themselves, except that even having two British-born parents doesn't necessarily suggest anything in itself, particularly in a London context.

The figures show that 88,086 babies born in London - equivalent to 65.6 per cent - had either one or two parents born outside the UK.

There were 27,722 births where one parent was foreign-born, and 60,364 where both parents were born abroad.

However, in several parts of London the figure was significantly higher.

In the London borough of Newham, which hosted the Olympic Games, 5,464 babies - equivalent to 85 per cent - had one or more parents who were born abroad.

In both Brent in West London and Westminster in Central London more than eight in 10 babies were foreign-born. In only six of the 32 London boroughs was the figure below 50 per cent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... arent.html
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 22 Dec 2013, 16:41

That'll be the Swedes and the Dutch enriching us, no doubt. Or possibly the Germans? ;)

The latter were incredibly industrious in returning their country to civilised productivity so soon after it was blown to smithereens during WWII (the Marshall Plan notwithstanding). This lies in stark contrast with some countries today that have suffered earthquakes. They weren't doing very well before, and they're still not doing very well now.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » 22 Dec 2013, 18:16

Talking about WWII, if I had a time machine one of the places I would be most interested in going to would be an East End pub on VE Night, so I could tell the locals that within the lifetimes of the children of that era there would be hardly a single white face to be seen or a word of English to be heard in so many of their neighbourhoods, and there would be Muslim patrols trying to impose Sharia law and British soldiers being murdered on the street by jihadists yet the people of 2013 couldn't even be sure that the Establishment were properly on our side.

Would those people honestly have thought winning the war was worth it in the long run?
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 22 Dec 2013, 19:44

They really wouldn't believe you, would they? It would be incomprehensible... but you would take proof.

Would those people honestly have thought winning the war was worth it in the long run?

Well, I think the German spirit at this time may not have been completely wrong, but Hitler was a problem. His expansionism knew no bounds, and he did permit inhumane excesses. I think the people in the pub (if they could even come to terms with what you were describing) would probably still think we did the right thing at the time, but they would want post-war politicians locked up or executed for what they have allowed since then. I mean, for example, the hounding from work of people like Ray Honeyford, the encouragement of Islam and the throwing open of the doors to anyone from the Third World, skilled or unskilled, regardless of their intention to assimilate.

A comment recently allowed under a Telegraph article read as follows:

Before my granddad died he said to me "We fought to stop this country being taken over by foreigners - now it's been given to them".
Gavin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Multiculturalism & Immigration