Islam around the world

Islam is, for now, included under this topic

Islam around the world

Postby Gavin » 17 Mar 2013, 14:54

Here's a story from the other side of the pond where, sadly, enrichment is evidently also surging ahead.

The city of Lewiston, Maine is home to a total of 6,000 Somalies and growing. Of course, they're not there to adopt American ways, they want to bring their own culture with them. Unlike here, though, there is actually a Mayor with some cajonas, as the Spanish say, there, who is not welcoming the enrichment, i.e. the turning of his town into a mirror image of the third world.

"Just don't try to insert your culture, which obviously isn't working, into ours, which does", says the Mayor.

This is the kind of man who will save civilisation, if it can be saved. He'll probably be quietly removed from his role soon though, I guess, and this kind of report would of course not even appear on the BBC.

Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Islam around the world

Postby Elliott » 17 Mar 2013, 15:26

It's notable that there's actually a fuss made over such a tiny number of Somalias - 6000!? Wait till they're in their millions.
Elliott

Postby Nathan » 17 Mar 2013, 15:57

That's 6000 out of only 36000 inhabitants, though, and in a previously very homogenous place. The information here seems to contradict the mayor's comments somewhat, though I don't know the true story. I don't know why Somalis in the US seem to move to the unlikeliest, whitest of places - there's a large community in Minnesota for some reason.

You hear what the man says around 2:00: "America is a collection of cultures" - it may be true, but once a country officially goes down the multi-culti route it just makes it harder to say no to anything.
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 17 Mar 2013, 17:23

If it's anything like the UK then they actually have no idea how many are there; the government here admitted that some time ago. I don't think America is as far gone, though - yet - granted.

It is surely time for people stand up and say that one culture is advanced, civilised and prosperous, one is not. We do not welcome the latter.

What worries me though is that they've tried to make it illegal to tell the truth, under their "religious hatred" laws. I just say that law is a laughing stock while the Qur'an is full of hate and Islam is allowed, indeed encouraged in the UK. And while Pat Condell remains un-arrested (thankfully) we can carry on a resistance. Were he arrested, then I think you would see some big protests in the UK, and I'd be there. Perhaps the government know that. The Dutch made that mistake with Mr Wilders after all - put him on trial only to have to acquit him having increased his profile considerably. Pat is extremely articulate and has facts on his side. He's popular too. They probably know they'd lose badly.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 17 Mar 2013, 20:14

I would just add that surely 1) policing your country's borders and 2) preserving its cultural integrity are two of the most obvious responsibilities of an elected government. Nobody ever explicitly granted them the right to do otherwise.

Thus we do have negligent and even treasonous governments, since they deliberately implemented the opposite of what most of the population would have wanted without their intentions having been made clear in their manifestos.

As if their control over our laws was not enough, this latest bail-out news surely makes it an emergency for us to get out of Europe.

On this note, I'd like to know what would actually happen if the EU said we could not deport an Islamist or murderer and Cameron said "Tough, we're doing it. He's already on the plane". Maybe a few fines, a bit of wrist slapping, elation from the British public. But Dave doesn't want this, of course. We have to get out, now. As Farage has said, trade agreements only.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 28 Oct 2013, 22:03

I find myself reading about all manner of very diverse subjects online - often I am distracted from what I should be doing because of sheer curiosity.

Recently, the topic was the state of Alaska, because I have been on the Alaskan (AKDT) time zone for the past week. I just drifted onto it - it is an hour after PDT (Los Angeles time), nine hours behind UCT, and I believe only the state of Alaska is actually in this precise time zone. I find Alaska a fascinating state. Indeed, the USA is so vast and variable I think its citizens can often be forgiven a slight preoccupation with themselves, if it is true they have this at all.

Interesting facts: Alaska is the only non-contiguous state of the United States, some 500 miles from the rest of the country. It's the biggest, and the least densely populated state. It was actually sold to the USA by the Russians in 1867 - this was well before its vast oil and gas reserves were discovered. Alaska is ethnically majority white and it has only 6.7% unemployment. Currently, approximately 85% of it inhabitants speak only English at home. Alaska is prosperous and Republican leaning.

Alaska is changing. In the last few years it has accepted thousands of asylum seekers from the Third World and Islamic countries (for example, Sudan, Iraq and Somalia - much the same places that have enriched so many areas of the UK so strikingly). As a result, the state of Alaska now has more than 3,000 Muslims. As one might expect, they are not particularly interested in adopting Alaskan culture, but are instead maintaining their own parallel culture and going on regular trips to seek funding for mosque building projects - “putting roots down" in the region.

Watch this video showing the poor, baffled, Alaskans trying to be reasonable, facing this unexpected change to the culture around them.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » 28 Oct 2013, 22:42

Interesting. I've never been anywhere near Alaska, but have a thing for remote places with harsh climates, so would gladly spend time there if I had the opportunity. I didn't know there were Muslims there though. I find it fascinating that Somalis etc so often settle in cold and very white places with little history of dealing with refugee influxes like Alaska, Minnesota, Maine, Scandinavia etc, which are about as alien an environment to them as one can get.

There is even a mosque in Reykjavik now - the only European country to be putting up any resistance is Greece. Athens is I believe the only EU capital without a mosque. I read this story recently about the Greek government intending to finance the construction of a mosque (with whose money, I wonder?), but even though I can't imagine they are overloaded with work, no construction company is willing to risk public ire by building it.
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 04 Nov 2013, 11:48

I agree about the cold, remote places (including space). I also find Siberia fascinating - one can fly over it four several hours on the way to Japan and see only the occasional smattering of lights in the wasteland below... I certainly like relaxing on a beach too though! I'm interested in the former out of curiosity, the latter for comfort.

I think the Muslims flock to the countries you mention because, although very different to their homelands, they are simply the most self-hating and offer the most benefits, thus they are ripe for a cultural takeover. You can't really blame them in a sense: I bet they can't believe their luck - previously they had to do this by the sword.

Regarding the mosque building, I think it's encouraging that no company dares build the establishment. Here I think we are still at the stage where no company would dare not build it, and they have would just be happy for the money, even though they would be selling out their own culture and people. That might change in time.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 10 Nov 2013, 00:13

Elliott

Postby Andy JS » 10 Nov 2013, 03:34

Of course one of the most deplorable customs that Somalis usually bring to foreign countries is female genital mutilation. I hope the authorities in Maine are making an effort to make sure this practice isn't being performed on girls and young women.
Andy JS

Postby Gavin » 10 Nov 2013, 08:00

That's a dead link for me.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 10 Nov 2013, 12:02

Edited.
Elliott

Postby Elliott » 10 Dec 2013, 20:34

This is so incredible that I just had to post it here.

Twenty-five Syrian Muslims, taking "refuge" in Norway (!), have accused Norwegians of racism. The evidence? Those wicked Norwegians organised charity to donate food to the refugees... Norwegian food, not Middle-Eastern food. Ergo, they're racists. Racists for giving the wrong food to these poor people who have traveled over many countries to escape a war, and then traveled over many more countries so as to get Middle-Eastern food in Norway.

You'd think somebody would have told these Muslims about the benefits of diversity in one's diet. I mean, the sheer range of restaurants they must have in modern Norway!
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 29 Dec 2013, 22:43

We know this already but here is an article anyway on how "kafir" are regarded by Islam.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 18 Jan 2014, 16:21

Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Multiculturalism & Immigration