Gratuitous uses of the word "racist"

Islam is, for now, included under this topic

Re: Gratuitous uses of the word "racist"

Postby Nathan » 25 Dec 2014, 21:25

This one just can't possibly be serious, but I had to include it anyway because it is presented as such: seals apparently can be guilty of racially aggravated assault!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2887050/Vets-believe-two-week-old-jet-black-seal-pup-called-Badger-bullied-beaten-abandoned-seals-racist-attack.html
Nathan

Postby Nathan » 16 Jan 2015, 14:20

Amateur footballer Rob Dennis was sent off for a reckless tackle whilst playing for Sandiacre Town in Derby and given an automatic three-match ban. This was then later increased to eight matches and Dennis was ordered to attend an anti-racism course after he referred to the Polish referee as "foreign".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... reign.html
Nathan

Postby Nathan » 26 Feb 2015, 17:09

I don't think we have an exact correct thread for this story: the dreaded R word isn't exactly mentioned, but it is heavily implied.

A former soldier who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan claims he was turned away from a pub in Scotland because workers said the union flag on his top was offensive.

Richard Monteith was told he would not be served again in the Black Bull pub in Polmont, Falkirk, unless he turned down the collar of his Hackett Boat Race polo shirt, which exposed a Union Jack , because it was seen as offensive.

Given that this happened in Scotland I thought at first that it must have been a hardcore pro-Yes pub that the man went into where the British flag could cause such offence, but no, just the same PC insanity we've seen in England.

Richard Monteith wrote:'I had a couple of sips of my pint and was told unless I turned my collar down I wouldn't be served again.

'I asked why and they said the Union Jack and red, white and blue colours were offensive.

'When I asked why the woman just laughed and said 'because it is'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... shirt.html
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 07 Mar 2016, 16:44

In this particular article we see a man getting exasperated because a couple near him on public transport are speaking Spanish. I was intrigued by the public responses because, unlike them, I actually had some sympathy for the guy. I think what we are seeing here really is in fact a working class person just fed up of hearing almost any language but English in his own country when he's out and about.

I don't have anything especially against the Spanish and I shouldn't think he does either, but it's true that they sure can gabble (yes, the English probably can too to a Spaniard's ears!) and it does always seem somewhat disrespectful to me to be in a foreign country and to just continually talk, probably loudly, in your own language without the slightest regard for the fact that you are a visitor who should show some deference to and respect for the host culture and those around you. By this same token, yes I do object to English going over to Spain and trying to make areas of it English without bothering even to learn the Spanish language. It's just not on and I can understand the Spanish being very put out about it.

So I think the public have got a bit carried away here. It is rather rude to speak incessantly and loudly in one's own language while abroad an in close proximity to others, especially in a country where people feel they are rapidly losing their culture due to massive unprecedented immigration and the ceaseless growth of Islam. I think this guy just hit his breaking point and commented to these people probably because they were (presumably) not brown so he could let out some frustration without being charged with the dreaded "racism" (worse than murder!).

Ah, but the SJW who approached him did call him a racist! This shows us how devalued this word now is. Those who use it don't even have any respect for its meaning. (Incidentally, the correct response to this charge is surely always to ask what exactly the speaker does mean by it.) Spaniards are, of course, the same race as the English. The man correctly identifies the SJW as homosexual - and again I would guess he doesn't really have any problem with gays, per se - rather he is just sick and tired of being told that he has to approve of becoming a cultural minority in his own country, approve of homosexuality, approve of transexuals, genderqueers and whatever is next. He's just exasperated with relentless PC, I would expect. Yes, it would perhaps have been better if he had just shot inconsiderate people a dark look and moved seat, but then again, why should he?

Anyway, I think incidents like this are indicative of something deeper as the English feel increasingly marginalised and I expect we're going to see more of them.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Jonathan » 10 Mar 2016, 20:05

Interesting article indeed.

I can sympathize with the man's frustration, but I think he got a little carried away here. He's quite right to be frustrated by the policy of successive British governments, and quite right to be angry at the consequences he sees around him, but it's a little bit harsh to demand of two strangers that they not speak in their native language in a private conversation between themselves (as opposed to speaking in an official capacity, or to a native Englishman).

I wonder, however, if there might not be another element at play here. I wonder if the problem was not so much that they were not speaking English, as that they were not speaking like Englishmen - in other words, not moderating the volume and quantity of their speech in that instinctive consideration for the people around them which is, perhaps, uniquely English.

If so, it is interesting that the man who rebuked them did not do so on this basis. Perhaps he felt he would have more support if he used a political request than a cultural one. It might be that he judged wrongly - perhaps the same people who rushed to defend the Spaniards would have just 'tut tutted' if he had asked them to pipe down rather than speak English.
Jonathan

Postby Gavin » 10 Mar 2016, 22:22

I think it's one thing to speak loudly - and I dare say this man probably isn't particularly considerate or sensitive himself - but another thing to speak loudly in a language which those around you (in their own country) can't understand. It almost seems more, rude, more alienating and, in a sense, disrespectful. That's what motivated him - feeling marginalised, in my opinion.

As for people speaking loudly generally and Englishness, well Jonathan, we're Dalrymple readers here! :p I'm afraid the culture has done a virtual 180 degree turn since the age of English politeness. General lack of consideration is sadly now the norm, in my experience, regardless of "social class" and we live in an age where it is heretical to be, for example, politely "race realist", to doubt feminism or speak the truth about Islam, but it's fine to use whatever expletives you like, dress as slovenly as you like, etc.

You can't go very far without witnessing vulgarity on Britain's streets; it is, after all, the rot within that has allowed the danger from without. But maybe we need to go a little further before things pick up, and maybe we might even need some thuggish people, in a strange sense, at the rate we're going. We shall see, but I think Dalrymple's right that the rot set in from the intellectuals downward!
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Kevin R » 23 Mar 2016, 19:05

An interesting event occurred to me last week, I had my first proper experience of thought-policing via Farcebook.

I have a profile, but post on it infrequently. However, I did succumb to the temptation to 'go political' when I came across a Telegraph story about immigrants attempting to spear mating swans with a high-powered crossbow (the wounded swans escaped but one of them died not long after). In a way it seemed to strike my imagination as such a strangely macabre thing, that it seemed to encapsulate the insane incongruities that lacerate our cultural norms and expectations as a result of this madcap immigration ideology.

Anyway.. a friend who never posts on my profile was on like a shot (within minutes) and quickly attempted to launch an insinuating, Socratic interrogation, blithely trying to tease forth the inner racist, at first polite, then precipitously eager to cut to the quick and get the word out... Then another friend appeared, and chased after the same quarry. Of course, I was wise to it immediately, and I won't go into the inevitable rebuttals, but I did find it amusing as a sort of rite-of-passage, and made myself a celebratory cup of tea to mark my little inaugration into the now capaciously growing ranks of the morally repugnant.

I may be wrong, but I'm beginning to sense that they are beginning to sense that the game is up with this word. More are getting wise to it, and tired of it than just the usual opponents.
Kevin R

Previous

Return to Multiculturalism & Immigration