Parramatta shooting

Islam is, for now, included under this topic

Parramatta shooting

Postby Mike » 03 Oct 2015, 00:11

This incident happened just a couple of blocks from where my wife works, so needless to say I was pretty concerned for a while yesterday.

The full story appeared in the papers this morning, and normally I don't get too concerned about the usual pussyfooting around the elephant in the room, but this time it was pretty blatant, as you can see from the story above:

The teenager shouted religious slogans before firing one shot in the back of the head of a police IT worker as the employee was heading home on Friday afternoon.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what said slogans were? Onward Christian soldiers, perhaps? Om-mani-padme-hum?
Mike

Re: Parramatta shooting

Postby Gavin » 03 Oct 2015, 09:56

Hi Mike. Yes, perhaps the new angle then is simply to blatantly not report the details of these attacks.

As it is the media already steers clear of showing German and Swedish rape victims, for example (feminists silent on these matters, of course) but it can't show enough of "clock boy" or "beach boy" (who died probably because of his father's irresponsibility).

So now, perhaps there is so much jihad that they have decided to just not report identifying information. Maybe that's how bad the bias is now. We just must welcome the colonisation and must believe Islam is a religion of peace and any facts will be repressed by "journalists" until we believe that. 1984 come alive in 2015, with journalists - the very people who are supposed to fearlessly expose truth - the willing handmaidens.

This was a vicious murder anyway and I'm glad the perpetrator was shot dead by police. I trust your wife is okay.
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Parramatta shooting

Postby Mike » 03 Oct 2015, 11:08

Well, in fairness to the usually achingly politically correct SMH (apologies for those three successive adverbs!) they did run a later piece dealing with the underlying issue a tad more honestly.

So far Australia hasn't experienced quite the levels of radicalisation that seem to be the norm in Europe, but now that we've joined in the quagmire in Syria, I think it's going to increase very quickly. And the sad (and ironic) thing is, I'm completely against our involvement in Syria as well. There are only two major players in the conflict, and one is a brutal and cynical dictator, the other is an utterly barbaric Islamist group. I share Peter Hitchens' view that Western involvement is not only futile but bound to exacerbate the Syrian exodus. But, particularly if there are more attacks like this in the coming weeks, there will be a certain pressure on the Australian government not to "give in" to these jihadis-in-strollers by withdrawing our forces - even if it becomes clear that our involvement is serving no purpose.

My wife's fine, thanks - she didn't even know what had happened until I called to check how she was!
Mike

Return to Multiculturalism & Immigration