Pat Condell

Discussion of various public figures

Pat Condell

Postby Paul » 28 Feb 2012, 11:47

Here is a link (sorry, it's not YouTube) to a recent Condell video that hasn't appeared on YouTube at all. Someone sent me this about 3 weeks ago and I presumed it would appear soon enough on his YT page, but so far has not.

It's called 'Bedbugs at the United Nations'. As good as ever, Pat is spot on.

http://dotsub.com/media/b5ee5ada-5b37-4 ... /embed/eng
Paul

Re: Pat Condell

Postby Gavin » 28 Feb 2012, 18:54

Hi Paul,

This one did actually go on his YouTube page (I remember it!) - here's the link. Excellent material from Pat as usual.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Paul » 29 Feb 2012, 10:06

Ah thanks Gavin. No wonder I couldn't find it on YT, being differently titled. I must have listened to it before (I've listened to all his YT uploads) but these days my memory seems to be a little less than it once was, although similar themes are repeated in many of Pat's videos and there are now so many.

I recall that I was introduced, internet-wise, to Pat Condell around the same time I was introduced to TD. Thank goodness for that, before I went insane due to frustration.
Paul

Postby Gavin » 29 Feb 2012, 12:13

I know what you mean, Paul! It was an incredible breath of fresh air to hear Pat's contra-PC common sense.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Darian » 02 Mar 2012, 01:45

Yeah Pat Condell is great and I've been watching his videos for some years. Though he is firmly in the New Atheist camp that Dalrymple so eloquently described here: http://www.city-journal.org/html/17_4_oh_to_be.html
Darian

Postby Gavin » 03 Mar 2012, 23:16

I think Pat may have softened a little towards Christianity in recent months. If you examine the tone and topics of his videos as they progress (I think I have seen all of them) then I think you can see this. Of course, he considers the miracles and so on to be nonsense, and faith to be irrational, but I think he also recognises the positive cultural contributions of Christianity, and considers that religion less insidious than Islam.

I think Pat may be something of a recovered liberal - someone who has seen that conservatism is not actually bad - it is just as caring as liberalism (indeed more so) - but it has the distinguishing and useful characteristic of being realistic about human nature. Pat's been betrayed by the Left and has probably found that what he used to consider "right wing" views are not really that right wing at all, just realistic and reasonable.

Anyway, I do like Pat a lot. I agree with virtually everything he says - and he says it exceptionally well.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 20 Mar 2012, 10:49

A new one from Pat:

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Damo » 07 May 2012, 16:14

Here's a new one from Mr Condell.

Damo

Postby Gavin » 07 May 2012, 18:28

Great one, again. He sure doesn't mince his words. I love it: Saudi Arabia is the gay capital of the world.

It's a wonder Pat hasn't been prosecuted for "hate speech" yet - I can only suppose the thought controllers just don't want to attract attention to him.

I've had a bit of e-mail correspondence with him in the past, which was something of a privilege considering he probably gets hundreds of mails (most, however, cretinous, no doubt). A bit like Paul Weston, he just seems like an ordinary guy, speaking up for the silent majority - but doing so very eloquently.

If the government did not care so much about money from Saudi Arabia I think they could look into sanctions against that country - they are unprincipled to continue to do nothing.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Darian » 08 May 2012, 03:14

Another great one by Condell.

Gavin wrote:Great one, again. He sure doesn't mince his words. I love it: Saudi Arabia is the gay capital of the world.

I believe there is a saying among the Pashtun of Afghanistan: Women are for breeding, boys are for pleasure. Homosexuality is rampant across all extremely pious Islamic nations, most especially (and most digustingly) pedophilia and pederasty. Many of them see women as unclean and boys as the sexual ideal, but they don't see any contradiction with their faith because they believe that since they don't love the males they have sex with it does not count as homosexuality and is therefore not a sin. I remember reading an article where a U.S army medic had to explain to an Afghan how to have sex with his wife, and the stories from my brothers tour of duty there confirms their hypocrisy, as his afghan army colleagues would often get intimate with each other (a young-looking western soldier with blond hair can probably expect catcalls from the locals).

I am far from an expert on the matter, but I'd wager that having women wear garbage bags over their heads has something to do with this, as well as rules against socializing with unrelated females (I believe around half of Muslims are married to their first cousins) and an ingrained cultural dislike and dehumanisation of women. The male sex drive deprived and repressed is a strange thing indeed, leading to all sorts of deviancy. Much like in a prison or a long sea voyage, when men cannot hold women as the object of their natural sexual desires mass homosexuality will always be the result.

I don't have much of a problem with Homosexuality in itself (though I find many western gays - even if just a vocal minority - to be vain, self-absorbed, and obsessed with victimhood), but in my view mass homosexuality is an indicator of an extremely unhealthy society.
Darian

Postby Gavin » 08 May 2012, 10:08

Great post. I think, strictly speaking, homosexuality is a deviance - a deviance from the norm. Probably due to some kind of chromosome or hormone difference, although as you say such behaviour will also arise in other circumstances.

Like you, I have no problem with gay people - only a problem when people pretend to be gay because they think that is cool, or when they won't shut up about it. A lot of gays seem to think it defines them entirely as people. I suppose those must be pretty boring people.

One good thing about gay people is that they can often be quite sensitive and refined (though they can also be prone to female style mood swings). I remember during adolescence a couple of my friends came out as gay, actually - although quite painstakingly. This was quite awkward for both them and me, but one of them at least remains a good friend of mine today. He doesn't go on about being gay all the time. We know the things we have in common and the things we don't. He is in a steady relationship - he's also one of the funniest people I know.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 08 May 2012, 11:22

On the topic of homosexuality, I concur with the views already expressed.

But there's a little story I have wanted to tell on this forum for some time now, and the thing about gays being self-absorbed and attention-seeking is a good enough excuse.

When I was 16/17, I went through what I call "a gay phase". It wasn't without basis - indeed I had good reason to believe myself to be gay - but I won't deny that I did "decide" to be 100% homosexual, mainly because I wanted to be one thing or the other, not some nondescript mixture. So I pursued "the gay life" for about a year (ironically before going to art college and becoming straight!)

Anyway, part of this gay phase was attending a gay youth group in the city. Every Friday night I'd get the train out of my little town, go into Edinburgh, and make my way to the community centre where this group was held. It was like a secret society, meeting by night, and it was exciting just for that reason alone.

This group was, of course, full of little gay boys being as camp as possible. One of the strange things was that they tended to be from very rough areas around Edinburgh, so they would be gruff, macho broad Scots by day and camp by night. And for a few, this transition was never really achieved, and you could tell that while they tried to be Julian Clary, they were really Phil Mitchell.

One such character was a 17 year-old called Martin. Ugly, fat and 6'3, Martin affected very camp speech, but it never worked because he had a deep voice and a very broad Scots accent. It was like watching an elephant in a tutu.

Now we come to the bit about attention-seeking.

One week, Martin announced that he was a transvestite.

The next week, he announced that he no longer wanted to be called "Martin", but "Claudia".

A few weeks later, he announced that he no longer wanted to be called "Claudia", but had chosen a new, definitive name that he was comfortable with.

Beyonce.
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 22 Jul 2012, 08:26

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 01 Aug 2012, 19:06

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 29 Aug 2012, 19:14

I just spent some time reading through Pat Condell's Twitter feed. Also Richard Dawkins', with whom he corresponds.

I've considered opening up some kind of either personal Twitter feed or one for the forum, but decided against it so far. I'm not convinced that Twitter is really a medium that allows enough to scope to get to the heart of matters, and if it doesn't then it it is just another inconsequential distraction stopping us getting on with our other more significant projects.

Personally I like to have five or six hundred words in order to express something or frame a question. With the myriad of opinions out there, simply seeing each written as a two line comment is not enough - for me it just adds to the white noise. Also, few people are able to make such profound remarks as Dalrymple does with only a few words (his always occur within the context of essays too).

Take a look at the Twitter feeds anyway if you like, and let me know what you think of the medium.

For the record, generally I agree with Pat, though not on everything, and while as a teenager and even only a few years ago, I was equally as virulently opposed to religion, reading Dalrymple has I think widened my perspective a little on this topic. As I've written elsewhere, yes, I believe most of Christianity's claims are false, but then again, how odd that most of the Christians I have met have been nicer than the atheists (probably happier too). I believe the fundmental tenets of Islam are much more harmful and it is incompatible with our culture here in the West. As for Richard Dawkins, I went off him a few years ago, more on a personal level really, after noticing his left liberal leanings and the vulgarity he allowed on his forum.
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Public Figures