Boris Johnson

Discussion of various public figures

Boris Johnson

Postby Nathan » 03 Feb 2013, 23:02

I'm always predisposed to having a soft spot for mavericks and people who can get away with things other people couldn't get away with in a loveable rogue sense but for a so-called Conservative Boris Johnson really is just a buffoon with no kind of actual substance to him at all. Here in this Telegraph column he waffles on about cats, with a vague moral to the story that we shouldn't blame any newcomers for the ills of society. The comments make for much better reading:

Akula971 wrote:Wow Boris, and they actually pay you for this? Your party is going to get mauled by UKIP, your grass roots voters are being rightly pissed off by gay marriage, and all the usual suspects, EU, immigration, wars that are none of our business, some idiot that wants Turkey in the EU, and you are writing about cats and foxes? If it was an allegory to a certain situation, its a bad one.

But Hell Boris...Well done, a nice little earner in the Telegraph. It used to be called the Torygraph, but people on these pages seem to support "another" party.

IndigenousMinority wrote: A***h**e

GermanicusRex wrote:Further evidence that Johnson is in reality just another pro EU, pro mass immigration "conservative".

Just out of interest Boris how many millions more do you think you can cram into the south east of England?

Oh and yes still pro amnesty for those illegal immigrants breaking the law too?

jimmy white wrote:I suppose the muslim paedo gangs up and down this country weren't muslim paedo gangs after all then Boris.

I suppose FGM is not being carried out by muslims.

I suppose the acid attack in London wasn't carried out by a muslim in a niqab.

I suppose honour killings haven't been carried out by muslims.

I guess the muslim kebab shop owner taped by police bragging about having sex and killing Charlene Downes and putting her through the mincer wasn't muslim.

I suppose the signs I see carried by muslims saying things like, "Cut off the heads of non believers", and "We will take you women as war bounty" and "Islam will dominate the world" etc aren't being carried by muslims.

I suppose a Cairo court didn't sentence to death a group of film makers whose film criticised some aspects of islam.

I suppose muslims didn't slaughter hundreds of millions of non muslims over the last millennium and that Jihad isn't currently being waged in the middle east and Africa with millions slain in Sudan and Nigeria among other places.

I suppose sharia does not demand that a woman needs 4 male witnesses in order for a charge of rape to be brought to court.

I suppose that sharia does not sentence rape victims to death like 16 year old Atefah Sahaaleh who was hung because she was a rape victim.

I suppose I am just a little Englander racist, who is prejudiced and has no rational fear of islam. The oppression and genocide and Jihad is imaginary. The enslavement of the female species is imaginary.

Pull the other one you disgusting specimen of a human being. How much of our taxes has your bosom buddies sent to Islamists to assist in the process of cleansing Syria of Christians?

retundario wrote:Thank you for yet another lecture on the morality of being nice to outsiders and those that "weren't around when you were a kid" - but why oh why are we British whites the only ones that are EVER hectored about this, whereas the newcomers are never told to be polite by our ruling classes.

You lot really are a useless waste of time, sell-outs and no balls.

and this one, quoting his story:

jtc03 wrote:As his breathing grew fainter, I realised that our cat might die. Then I was seized by a cold and murderous fury. I knew who had done this, and I wanted to pay them back.

As our people were replaced, I realised that we might die. Then I was seized by a cold and murderous fury. I knew who had done this, and I wanted to pay them back.

And we will Mr. Johnson, along with their collaborators.
Nathan

Re: Boris Johnson

Postby Gavin » 03 Feb 2013, 23:39

I agree that Boris Johnson is not to be taken seriously. His repeated assertions of the "vibrancy" of London are evidence enough of this. He knows that isn't true.

Even Nigel Farage is a bit of a caricature of himself, but he's honest (I mean, of course, in what he has said publicly so far). If we're looking for "larger than life characters" (which we're not, really) he has the vote above Boris for me.

Sometimes I see a picture of Churchill and I reflect on how he would not be elected now (it was hard enough, indeed, in his day). He didn't look right, didn't speak right. But he had integrity and told things how he saw them.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 04 Feb 2013, 05:04

I think this comment is brilliant:

Guy Burgess wrote:I think there's far more to be learned from red squirrels and grey squirrels than your feeble cat tale.

Remember what happened to red squirrels when grey squirrels came to the UK? They were introduced and the Victorians had no idea of the risks of introducing non-native species.

Within the space of 25 years, grey squirrels had colonised an area of some 300 miles. They were more aggressive, and also prolific breeders with 2 litters a year of between 3 and 7 kits.

The aggressive foreign grey squirrels forced the indigenous red squirrels out and took over and now the grey squirrels have the whip hand over the lovely red squirrels.

There's your morality tale Boris.
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 06 Feb 2013, 20:06

I just took a look at Biased BBC, which has moved to a new platform. Lots of interesting articles and comments there. One on "Muslim Patrol" quotes none other than Mr Johnson, presumably long before he became Mayor of London. He used to be quite frank and honest, it seems.

Boris Johnson wrote:"To any non-Muslim reader of the Koran, Islamophobia – fear of Islam – seems a natural reaction, and, indeed, exactly what that text is intended to provoke. Judged purely on its scripture – to say nothing of what is preached in the mosques – it is the most viciously sectarian of all religions in its heartlessness towards unbelievers. As the killer of Theo Van Gogh told his victim’s mother this week in a Dutch courtroom, he could not care for her, could not sympathise, because she was not a Muslim.

The trouble with this disgusting arrogance and condescension is that it is widely supported in Koranic texts, and we look in vain for the enlightened Islamic teachers and preachers who will begin the process of reform. What is going on in these mosques and madrasas? When is someone going to get 18th century on Islam’s mediaeval ass?"

I bet he wishes he hadn't told all that truth now - since becoming mayor he's referred to Islam as "a religion of peace".
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Public Figures