Why get tattooed?

Examples of social decline, especially in the UK

Re: Why get tattooed?

Postby Alf » 28 Oct 2014, 00:50

Alf

Postby Gavin » 28 Oct 2014, 08:43

I agree with that: it is extremely conformist to have tattoos thee days. I still think they are a mark of vulgarity though, it is just that many people are vulgar, and conforming means to match a norm.

Incidentally, the jogger who banged into David Cameron looked like a fairly typical member of the British public:

Conformist. On that issue, I thought it was curious how the police said he was simply "in the wrong place at the wrong time"- the jogger, that is. He probably was running without looking, but it is surely much more the case that the police protection officers or the prime minister were actually in the wrong the place at the wrong time, since the former should have been ahead of the latter!
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 11 Nov 2014, 19:35

I popped down to Argos (a shop we have here) on the outskirts of Slough earlier today. The whole place was full of nothing but Muslims and native underclass. The underclass let their children run all over the shop. One couple near me caught my attention in particular: both were obese and covered in tattoos, the man looking particularly slovenly. They had one young child who was running all over the place screaming loudly. Eventually their order came through: a deep fat fryer.

They waddled back to their car, and I thought to myself "benefits are killing these people - and ruining the social environment for the rest of us" (it is highly likely these people were on benefits; they certainly weren't at work).

Right now I'm in an All Bar One (a bar chain). It's mostly full of young people, 20-30 years old, who are for the most part not in couples as they would likely have been in, say, 1955. No, I can see a table of three men and numerous tables of women. Sometimes they are in a group, but often in couples. They probably think they're empowered but I think this looks somewhat pathetic. They are not probably not here to "meet men" either - the likelihood is that most men would be immediately rebuffed as pests or sleazy unless recognisable as famous.

We westerners don't meet at work any more and it's hard for people to meet outside work either, feminism being at an all time high and religion and trust at an all time low. I often wonder how anyone manages to get together at all!

On my way in I saw a man chatting on the phone and I noticed he was covered in tattoos - I mean all over his neck, all over both hands and wrists. It turns out he works here - he came over and offered me the wi-fi password. He was pleasant enough. Even pleasant people seem to want to deface themselves and look ugly these days.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Paul » 05 Feb 2015, 20:06

My mother has told me a story today, that she's picked up from some news, though not, from what I can gather, this week. Recently though

Apparently, Dame Judi Dench is about to turn eighty years of age (or she has already done so by now) and she has announced that for this historic occasion (aren't all birthdays historic to oneself?) she is going to treat herself to a special present.

She's going to have a tattoo!

That's an eighty year old - and a Dame.
Paul

Postby Gavin » 01 Jan 2016, 14:30

In this drama of the 1980s, a man has a tattoo mysteriously grow, developing into a "sleeve" and then covering his whole body. He is of course shocked and disturbed.

A policeman gazes at the tattoo parlour gallery and remarks "Fancy letting someone do that your body!". Another says "It'll make our job a darn sight easier if we're looking for a tattooed man". How times have changed...

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Charlie » 12 Jan 2016, 18:56

"Ah, yes, I'd like a gormless Marxist on my thigh, please."

PS: The Corbyn tattoo looks a bit too Harold Shipman-esque, I think.
Charlie

Previous

Return to Social Decay