The best latte macchiato ever (spoilt, bored middle class people of all age groups)

Examples of social decline, especially in the UK

The best latte macchiato ever (spoilt, bored middle class people of all age groups)

Postby Yessica » 16 Sep 2013, 06:34

I noticed a growing tendency in middle class people of all age groups to be highly interested in certains foods and drinks (such as latte macchiatos, baked potatos with unusual dips and so on).

While there is nothing wrong with that foods or drinks, to my mind it is a little worrying how much time some people waste talking about them.

I have met college-educated persons who held responsible jobs who talked about nothing but how prepare this food or that food for whole evenings. I have met highly ranked professionals who told me how passionate they were about latte macchiato and how exited they were that they were going to the best macchiato house ever the next weekend.

The future of our society depends on people like this but I guess they could not care less about what happens to our country as long as the baked potatoes are always served with a variety of dips.
Yessica

Re: The best latte macchiato ever (spoilt, bored middle class people of all age groups)

Postby Yessica » 16 Sep 2013, 07:01

I deleted my post about the google-test because thankfully it is only true if you google it with quotation marks.
Yessica

Re: The best latte macchiato ever (spoilt, bored middle class people of all age groups)

Postby Jonathan » 17 Sep 2013, 09:34

Yessica wrote:I have met college-educated persons who held responsible jobs who talked about nothing but how prepare this food or that food for whole evenings.

I'm guessing none of these people had children, right?

Because before you have children, you have time to waste hunting for the best coffee or Hummus.
And after you have children, you only talk about your children.
Plus, you're too tired to do anything else.

At least, that's been my experience, from observing my friends and myself.
Jonathan

Postby Yessica » 18 Sep 2013, 08:00

No, most of them do not have children and I figure most of them will never have them because the waste all their time hunting for the best coffee in town.

This is a little sad. Only ten years ago the only variation of coffee we knew was "with milk and sugar" or "without milk and sugar". Coffee is much better now. I just love latte machiatto with flavoured sirup... but it is just such a waste of time and energy.

There are much better uses for your time if you have too much of it. Have a child, start a political party, be the best you can be in your job, make new friends... may be volunteer.

If I look back at my life on my death-bed I do not want to have to say: "Oh my greatest achievement was learning where to buy the very best latte macchiato".
Yessica

Return to Social Decay