Un-PC members of groups

A topic which pervades many others

Un-PC members of groups

Postby Gavin » 17 Aug 2013, 13:31

Hard to think of the right title for this one, but I'm interested in us gathering together some people who go against what is perceived as the typical view of members of their "group" to generally agree with us (much to the chagrin of liberals).

One such seems to be Ken Olisa, an extremely successful businessman who is half-Nigerian. He is very well spoken and has just said that he objects to people coming to the UK to "take our resources" (claim benefits). He also seems to think the UK should not involve itself as much in foreign affairs.

These people, as with Bill Cosby, could be very valuable assets indeed. Another example is Thomas Sowell, who argues against affirmative action.

We've also got the Council of Ex-Muslims, though these seem quite left-leaning.

We might also find some women who are against feminism (though this group seems to have a religious angle), maybe even some conservative teachers (I think we might even have one or two of these on the forum already).

There is also John on this forum who seems to see himself as a member of the underclass yet agrees with Dalrymple. It'll be good if he comes back and explains more. Even Anjem Choudary is our friend in the sense that he tells the truth about what Islam instructs.

Of course, it is hard to endorse anybody entirely, and we might be best to mention people for specific views they've expressed.
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Un-PC members of groups

Postby Nathan » 17 Aug 2013, 14:14

Modern feminists like Jacqui Smith with her love of all-women shortlists and female quotas, and particularly because of her reliance on them must have been green with envy at people like Margaret Thatcher. Margaret Thatcher lived at a time when women actually did have barriers put in their way and legitimate unfairnesses to complain about, but she still managed to become probably the most important figure of her generation in this country, and when she got to the top she then did the almost exact opposite of what people like Jacqui Smith would have wanted - and millions of people secretly loved her for it.

Talking about feminists and all-women shortlists, Ann Widdecombe spoke against them, saying that groups like the Suffragettes "wanted equal opportunities not special privileges" and "they would have thrown themselves under the King's horse to protest against positive discrimination and all-women shortlists".
Nathan

Postby Gavin » 17 Aug 2013, 14:46

Yes, Margaret Thatcher was an exceptional woman - exactly that. I suppose it made it harder for the Left to defeat her because she was a woman. Had it been a man advancing right-wing policies then women in particular would no doubt have called him sexist, etc. I suppose they called MT sexist as well anyway.

Marine Le Pen must similarly be a conundrum for French liberals, but I have not looked into her views in any detail.

I think the door should not be legally closed to women like Mrs T to advance themselves, but there are very few women like her and capable women ought to be aware that there is a high price to pay for a life like that (nobody "has it all"). Men and women are generally different and do not want exactly the same things from life - this is why quotas are so silly, not to mention unfair.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Martin » 20 Aug 2013, 18:03

Yes, we here in Coventry have been informed in our local paper that the Labour party now has an all woman shortlist for selection of the candidate for the safe Labour seat of Coventry North East, because the standing MP, Bob Ainsworth, is retiring at the next general election.
Many years ago I had the misfortune to be in the Labour Party & women only shortlists were mooted then. I & another member continually opposed this policy & fortunately we managed to keep women only shortlists down to a minimum. We would always argue, quite simply, that by having women only shortlists you may not get the best person for the job: the best person might be a man!
Martin

Postby Nathan » 20 Aug 2013, 18:15

I wonder how seriously other MPs would take a colleague like that who only, or at least largely, got the job through tokenism rather than merit? If I were the next Labour MP for that constituency and I knew that I'd only got the job because of an all-woman shortlist, and I knew that the party had only felt able to risk trying a stunt like that because Labour support in the area could be taken for granted regardless, then there is no way I would be able to look the other MPs in the eye as their equal.
Nathan

Postby Elliott » 20 Aug 2013, 18:45

I think the idea is that liberal MPs wouldn't have that kind of honour, Nathan.
Elliott

Return to Political Correctness