The future of the Conservative Party

The political scene in the UK and across Europe

Re: The future of the Conservative Party

Postby Gavin » 25 Nov 2013, 18:35

Having written about "conservatives" in the media recently, it's worth highlighting some who are in the actual so-called Conservative Party!

Take a look at the intellectual and cultural level of the Twitter feed of this member of the Conservative Party. She says she's going to "nail someone's balls to the floor with their own front teeth". Right. Hard to believe it's come to this. She may have reason to dislike the tabloids (I know I don't like them) but her general conduct is entirely unbecoming for an MP, especially a conservative one. That party has become a joke, has it not?

I'm just waiting for UKIP to go down the same road of feminism and Islam now. Could happen. The BBC will probably start cross-questioning them on "not enough female MPs", etc. - we will have to see.

p.s. How do these MPs have so much time for Twitter anyway? How does anyone? I can only just get one or two tweets out per day, and I try to make sure they are never superficial.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 30 Apr 2014, 07:40

Panic, lying and fast decline seems to be the future of the Conservative Party at the moment.

If you listen to The Today Programme at 8.10 today you'll hear a disgustingly pompous Kenneth Clarke accuse UKIP of being bigots. He also said that mass immigration was caused by "an economic boom", and showed himself to either be a liar or utterly out of touch when he said that UKIP supporters would aim to stop "French hedge fund managers" working in London. That's what he thinks the concerns are. Well, he probably doesn't know anything else, chauffeured around from restaurant to restaurant in his limo. He had the gall to say: "We don't want non-politicians or anti-politicians running this country!". Sure, career politicians like him are preferable! The great and the good, feathering their own nests with public money and utterly out of touch.

He obviously despises the electorate. TD has no time for him either. To boot, if Mr Clark had had his way, we would have been part of the Euro zone disaster now. It's worth a listen, this interview, as closet conservative John Humphrys does a good job of challenging Mr Clark, and the things the latter says are very ugly. You get an interview with Nigel Farage before it, too. My view is that Mr Clark is as much of a liability for the Tories as is Cameron. Any decent people in that party must be at their wits' end when people like him speak.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Andrea » 01 May 2014, 16:28

I had a chat with a colleague of mine earlier this morning and it suddenly emerged we were both old-school conservatives, meaning we're both going to vote UKIP. She was disenchanted with the Conservative party and we both lamented how we could never voice our political views in front of our other colleagues because it would impact our chances of work. I think we'll see a massive switch of good old (real) Tory voters (such as myself) switch to UKIP.
Andrea

Postby Gavin » 01 May 2014, 18:22

Yes, with articles like this coming out on the Telegraph you can see that the "Conservatives" still don't get the message! Dire. The quicker they're gone the better now, sad to say.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 23 May 2014, 12:04

David Cameron says UKIP's success "sends a clear message to the Conservative Party". It certainly does: "You're history!".
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 23 May 2014, 15:47

I wonder what he thinks this "clear message" is saying? Presumably that will be open to interpretation, spin, recycling, twisting, diluting, etc. etc.
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 23 May 2014, 19:15

Yes, he didn't just come out and say it, of course. We've become accustomed to no plain speaking in British politics, except from UKIP - and even then the MSM try to smear them just for publicly stating what every ordinary person in society can see with their own eyes.

Times have hopefully changed. I'm basking in the slap UKIP have delivered to the MSM and LibLabCon today. Looking forward to Sunday too and just hoping they are the real deal. I'm still a bit suspicious about that, but I think Farage's strategy is probably the right one at this point.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 28 Aug 2014, 10:59

Douglas Carswell has jumped ship to UKIP! This is good news. I am very glad. He will be good for UKIP. I am not so sure that his departure will make much of a dent in the Conservative Party, but hopefully other departures will now follow, and that certainly would.

I do find it rather interesting timing for Carswell's decision, given the events in Rotherham over the last two days. Maybe the sheer scale of the problem created by immigration and multiculturalism has opened his eyes to the need for change, and prompted him to switch to UKIP more than the EU issue?
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 22 Nov 2014, 11:16

I wonder if Daniel Hannan doesn't join UKIP because he has aspirations to one day lead the Conservative Party. Who'd want that job, though? We're living through interesting times.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Charlie » 13 Mar 2015, 08:22

Here's the headline in the Times today:

Tell voters we are warriors for social justice, Gove urges PM

Ha! They've got my vote!
Charlie

Postby Nathan » 13 Mar 2015, 12:08

That already had me laughing at "warriors"!
Nathan

Previous

Return to European Politics